What feature would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

Join the discussion
• 4mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

If it folds its going to have a crease. There is no going away without using 2 panes of glass that are separate.

There is no solution to the crease. How would your arms or legs bend if your skin didn't have a crease? You wouldn't be able to fold it.

The complaint about the crease is absolutely stupid If you dont want a crease, the Microsoft SurfacePhone uses 2 panes of glass. No crease. That is the product for you to be shopping.

I found my solution when I exchanged the fold 5 for a vivo x fold 2. Now the deep crease on the Samsung is a thing of the past. I also own a Microsoft surface pro. Lovely device yet I needed the latest snapdragon so I stopped using it. I have owned and seen it all. I like what I like so being a huge Android fan gives me the ability to buy exactly what I want without compromises. I don't accept excuses like you do. There are products out there that will fit my needs and I buy them.

• 4mo ago

I forgot about the under display camera!

• 4mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I see what you did there :P If it were up to me, I would flip the iPhone 13 mini the same way and get a REALLY compact phone. But I'm a minority. Most people are perfectly fine with 200+ gram phones that you need to carry in your backpack :D

Apple doesn't have the technology. That's like saying it would be awesome if medieval knights has lasers. It's science fiction to Apple. 😆

ivan.k
ivan.k
Phonearena team
• 4mo ago

If I was on the market for a new flagship phone, the major thing that will make me consider the Galaxy S24 is total remake of their UI. I still can't stand how sluggish and unstable is their OS after some time of usage.

OrhCh
OrhCh
Phonearena team
• 4mo ago
This comment was deleted by the user.
• 4mo ago
  1. better PWM
  2. 1440p for S24/S24+; 1644p for S24 ultra
  3. faster battery charging (at least under 60 min)
  4. at least two days of battery autonomy (ultra is already at that level, so it doesn't worry me)
  5. to be thinner and lighter (I believe the magnesium case will contribute to that)
  6. penl to be on the right side
  7. cameras to be all the way in the phone (as used to be the case with the Note8)
  8. better fingerprint sensor and better face detection
  9. lower positions of external keys. maybe put the volume keys back on the other side
  10. smaller cutout of the front camera.

Those are my 10 wishes.

Right now I'm thinking what is the best third phone that could rival Apple and Samsung. Whether it's Xiaomi 14 pro, OnePlus 12, vivo x100 pro, Magic6 pro, or some fifth, I'll see. Oppo and Sony can't find in my country...

Bad PWM with Samsung really bothers me.

• 4mo ago

I dont even care what cpu it comes with. Cpus are strong now days. I care about 10bit panel screen that should have been on samsungs years ago. And dolby vision support would be nice

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 4mo ago
↵drenk said:
  1. better PWM
  2. 1440p for S24/S24+; 1644p for S24 ultra
  3. faster battery charging (at least under 60 min)
  4. at least two days of battery autonomy (ultra is already at that level, so it doesn't worry me)
  5. to be thinner and lighter (I believe the magnesium case will contribute to that)
  6. penl to be on the right side
  7. cameras to be all the way in the phone (as used to be the case with the Note8)
  8. better fingerprint sensor and better face detection
  9. lower positions of external keys. maybe put the volume keys back on the other side
  10. smaller cutout of the front camera.

Those are my 10 wishes.

Right now I'm thinking what is the best third phone that could rival Apple and Samsung. Whether it's Xiaomi 14 pro, OnePlus 12, vivo x100 pro, Magic6 pro, or some fifth, I'll see. Oppo and Sony can't find in my country...

Bad PWM with Samsung really bothers me.

Number 6! I always thought the Ultra was made for left-handed people! When I use an Ultra, I hold it in my left hand and navigate with my right, which makes pulling the pen out and placing it back a bit of a nuisance.

• 4mo ago

@Mariyan Slavov

You are a new user? ;) Earlier years remember that Note had pen od the other side of the phone. Couple years ago they have changed that and that is not normal. Some of mu fellow journalists are saying that it is because of camera. I am writing in my reviews about that since they change it...

I don't hope for that. Better PWM will be enough.

• 4mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Number 6! I always thought the Ultra was made for left-handed people! When I use an Ultra, I hold it in my left hand and navigate with my right, which makes pulling the pen out and placing it back a bit of a nuisance.

you hold phone with left hand and use pen in right to write. so pen should be od the right side of Note (Ultra).

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless