Join the discussion: If you could change one thing about your current phone, what would it be?

Join the discussion
• 1y ago

The camera for sure, I had a P30 Pro, nothing I've used since has touched the versatility of that device. Even the P40 Pro + I tried to live with. The OPPO Find X5 I'm currently using feels very much like the P30 but it's camera is terrible in comparison. Even the Marisilicon system doesn't pull in as consistently good photos.

• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Let's see... I'm currently using the Asus Zenfone 9, and it's bonkers! It's absolutely amazing... I never thought I'd say this, but... I wish it had wireless charging. In my head it's not a big deal but I'm constantly catching myself placing the phone on the charging pad when I go to sleep... to no avail :)

I really thought I'd miss the microSD card slot, but with 256GB onboard storage, it feels fine...

Yes, definitely.

I love the idea of the 9 (I had an 8) but really miss wireless charging when it's not there.

Sadly it looks like the Zenfone 10 is going bigger and is still not rumoured to have wireless charging.

• 1y ago
↵Airbender said:

Android isn't Samsung, you know? If your phone's battery is trash, it doesn't mean all Android phones have horrible battery. Just try other brands.

I have used plenty of other brands during my android life, not only samsung and all they were flagships. I mentioned sammy because they should lead as example the android community and they;re not

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵wongwatt said:

Yes, definitely.

I love the idea of the 9 (I had an 8) but really miss wireless charging when it's not there.

Sadly it looks like the Zenfone 10 is going bigger and is still not rumoured to have wireless charging.

Yeah, maybe this "compact fling" isn't working for Asus, which is a shame, really. I somehow hoped the Zenfone 10 would be an evolution, bringing better cameras, wireless charging, and maybe a brighter screen. Maybe I'll turn my gaze toward Sony and hope for the best :) The Xperia 5 V could be a decent device for fans of compact phones, despite the name ;)

• 1y ago

UDC on the S23U instead of punch hole

• 1y ago

OK, this discussion turned into bashing of some of the brands and not staying on point.... If I could change ONE thing about my phone...I would have given it 3 days of battery life.. That's all

• 1y ago

S22 Ultra - Battery life of my 14 Pro Max

14 Pro Max - Everything else from my S22 Ultra

• 1y ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I feel you! No under-display fingerprint sensor has worked flawlessly for me, like ever! That's why I prefer the physical, capacitive ones. The best part is - you know where it actually is at all times :)

Yeah, under display fingerprint sensor isn't flawless (sometimes you have to double press). So, I think you haven't tried Vivo's flagship phones. It uses the fastest sensor on their flagships. It's so fast and much wider. Give it try!

• 1y ago
↵pimpin83z said:

S22 Ultra - Battery life of my 14 Pro Max

14 Pro Max - Everything else from my S22 Ultra

bro have you seen this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhmJc6v01k that was close! lol

• 1y ago
↵notfair said:

The only thing that made me leave android was the horrible standby battery drain. If I would go to sleep with 20% battery left, in 9 out 10 cases the phone(note 20 ultra, no issues with battery) would be dead by morning (around 8 hours of sleep), with my iphone13 pro, i can go to sleep with 6% and I would still have battery in the morning and the alarm would go off.

I don't like iOS because is blunt compared with android, but to have a piece of mind that the phone will not turn off during the day or sleep hours is a great relief.

I saw reports that the s23U has great standby battery drain, but I couldn't see myself buying it and get burned, and Sammy has a ton of bloatware that you cannot remove so I think I am done with sammy after being a fan since the galaxy s1.

Maybe the new sony phones will convince me if the battery is great and solved their camera issues.

"but I couldn't see myself buying it and get burned"

Expound, please.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless