Join the discussion: If you could change one thing about your current phone, what would it be?

Join the discussion
• 1y ago

Remove buggy performance of my Galaxy S23 face ID and fingerprint reader.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵xocomaox said:

Charging speed. This is the slowest charging phone I've owned since 2016. I decided to settle and get it (great deal on it tho) knowing that it would be slow as hell but everything else would be very good.

Pixel 7 Pro

What was your previous phone/charging speed?

• 1y ago
↵vwite2 said:

bro have you seen this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYhmJc6v01k that was close! lol

Damn! Yea, that was. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. Been busy & now down with a bad sinus infection. I still have time before my trip next month though.

Is yours still working for you? What color did you get again?

• 1y ago
↵pimpin83z said:

Damn! Yea, that was. I still haven't pulled the trigger yet. Been busy & now down with a bad sinus infection. I still have time before my trip next month though.

Is yours still working for you? What color did you get again?

Damn hope you feel better soon. Yeah mine is still working well, hope it doesn't slow down in a few more months. I went with the black one.

• 1y ago
↵xocomaox said:

Charging speed. This is the slowest charging phone I've owned since 2016. I decided to settle and get it (great deal on it tho) knowing that it would be slow as hell but everything else would be very good.

Pixel 7 Pro

Are you using Google's own charger or something different? A while ago I got an Anker charger (powerful but older model) that turned out to be incompatible with fast charging on some newer phones. Sometimes a bad cable is to blame.

• 1y ago

I'm using a Galaxy Z Fold 3 and I wish the outer screen was wider and shorter. In other words, I should probably get the Fold 4 :)

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵Airbender said:

Yeah, under display fingerprint sensor isn't flawless (sometimes you have to double press). So, I think you haven't tried Vivo's flagship phones. It uses the fastest sensor on their flagships. It's so fast and much wider. Give it try!

I tried the Vivo X90 Pro briefly, and yeah, it was great, but the thing with optical and sonic fingerprint sensors is that they work well for a couple of days/weeks and then the performance drops off. My Zenfone 9 is as fast at unlocking as it was on day 1.

• 1y ago

The 13 has been pretty solid all around but the cameras could use work. I don't like how it renders my dark skin. That or slap a USB C port on it.

• 1y ago

Google Assistant works very well. I'd love to be able to replace Siri on my personal iPhone 13 with Google Assistant. I have the app installed on the iPhone, but it's integration on my Pixel work phone is miles ahead. This would be especially useful for tasks that require the use of a search engine.

• 1y ago

I did not expect face unlock and the fingerprint scanner on the S23 Ultra would not work as well as the Pixel 7 Pro. Kudos to the current Pixels.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless