Join the discussion: If you could change one thing about your current phone, what would it be?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago

Let's see... I'm currently using the Asus Zenfone 9, and it's bonkers! It's absolutely amazing... I never thought I'd say this, but... I wish it had wireless charging. In my head it's not a big deal but I'm constantly catching myself placing the phone on the charging pad when I go to sleep... to no avail :)

I really thought I'd miss the microSD card slot, but with 256GB onboard storage, it feels fine...

• 1y ago

I recently bought the galaxy s23 ultra. I moved from a pixel 7 pro. I like them both a lot. I got the galaxy s23 ultra because it was supposed to have some of the best camera censors. But I am not impressed, unless there is great lighting the pictures are grainy and blurry. I think part of that is the shutter lag. So if I could change one thing about my s23, it would be to bring over the camera from the pixel 7 pro.

Stanislav Serbezov
Stanislav Serbezov
Phonearena team
• 1y ago

All the lights on all the phones!! ???✨

Also, I'd like to raise the question of bringing back wider displays, as they were tons more comfortable to type on (excluding iPhones, that's a different ball game).

• 1y ago

The only thing that made me leave android was the horrible standby battery drain. If I would go to sleep with 20% battery left, in 9 out 10 cases the phone(note 20 ultra, no issues with battery) would be dead by morning (around 8 hours of sleep), with my iphone13 pro, i can go to sleep with 6% and I would still have battery in the morning and the alarm would go off.

I don't like iOS because is blunt compared with android, but to have a piece of mind that the phone will not turn off during the day or sleep hours is a great relief.

I saw reports that the s23U has great standby battery drain, but I couldn't see myself buying it and get burned, and Sammy has a ton of bloatware that you cannot remove so I think I am done with sammy after being a fan since the galaxy s1.

Maybe the new sony phones will convince me if the battery is great and solved their camera issues.

• 1y ago

I have a Galaxy S23 ultra and I if I could change one thing it would be the fingerprint sensor. I don't know why it can't be as quick as the Chinese made phones and sometimes it takes multiple tries. Also, I think people are right about the camera. You get a more blurry shot with text than other phones. Maybe the lighting matters, but it's noticeable.

• 1y ago
↵notfair said:

The only thing that made me leave android was the horrible standby battery drain. If I would go to sleep with 20% battery left, in 9 out 10 cases the phone(note 20 ultra, no issues with battery) would be dead by morning (around 8 hours of sleep), with my iphone13 pro, i can go to sleep with 6% and I would still have battery in the morning and the alarm would go off.

I don't like iOS because is blunt compared with android, but to have a piece of mind that the phone will not turn off during the day or sleep hours is a great relief.

I saw reports that the s23U has great standby battery drain, but I couldn't see myself buying it and get burned, and Sammy has a ton of bloatware that you cannot remove so I think I am done with sammy after being a fan since the galaxy s1.

Maybe the new sony phones will convince me if the battery is great and solved their camera issues.

Android isn't Samsung, you know? If your phone's battery is trash, it doesn't mean all Android phones have horrible battery. Just try other brands.

• 1y ago
↵pacattack81 said:

I have a Galaxy S23 ultra and I if I could change one thing it would be the fingerprint sensor. I don't know why it can't be as quick as the Chinese made phones and sometimes it takes multiple tries. Also, I think people are right about the camera. You get a more blurry shot with text than other phones. Maybe the lighting matters, but it's noticeable.

Yeah, I agree with you. Vivo's fingerprint sensor is crazy fast and so wide. You don't even notice that you clicked. Even Samsung uses ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, it's slower and so small compared to Vivo's.

• 1y ago

I moved from Samsung (A7 2016) to a OnePlus 9RT because Samsung no longer creates solid mid-range phones. Just mediocre, overpriced hardware sealed in shiny plastics. And once you go glass-metal-glass design, plastics feel disgusting to hold.

I love my 9RT, but it's missing a lot when it comes to Software. I really do miss the Samsung ecosystem. I literally have to download essential third-party apps, which Samsung offers out of the box.

I would literally wish to have Samsung Software on my OnePlus 9RT.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵pacattack81 said:

I feel you! No under-display fingerprint sensor has worked flawlessly for me, like ever! That's why I prefer the physical, capacitive ones. The best part is - you know where it actually is at all times :)

• 1y ago

A better screen brightness. I have the Pixel 6a. Like my previous phones(2XL, 3a, 4a, 4XL) I have a difficult time seeing the screen outside. And I work outside.?

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless