Join the discussion: If you could change one thing about your current phone, what would it be?

Join the discussion
• 1y ago

I wish m S22 was physically smaller.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵AlikR said:

OK, this discussion turned into bashing of some of the brands and not staying on point.... If I could change ONE thing about my phone...I would have given it 3 days of battery life.. That's all

We might get something close with solid-state batteries (Oppo teased a battery with a silicone anode at MWC, which is not technically the same but still), they've been promised to us years ago!

• 1y ago

I would def prefer more rounded edges on my iphone 14. 25min+ of holding it and my hands hurt -

• 1y ago

Pixel 7 Pro with SD 8+Gen 1 or atleast with X65 modem.

• 1y ago

Charging speed. This is the slowest charging phone I've owned since 2016. I decided to settle and get it (great deal on it tho) knowing that it would be slow as hell but everything else would be very good.

Pixel 7 Pro

• 1y ago
↵notfair said:

I have used plenty of other brands during my android life, not only samsung and all they were flagships. I mentioned sammy because they should lead as example the android community and they;re not

Maybe not in battery life (at least in the past), but they're leading by example with everything else. As long as people still say, "Do you have an iPhone or Samsung?", to me that means they're still the example when it comes to Android.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 1y ago
↵tokuzumi said:

I wish m S22 was physically smaller.

I have two words for you :) Zenfone 9 ;))

• 1y ago
↵AlikR said:

OK, this discussion turned into bashing of some of the brands and not staying on point.... If I could change ONE thing about my phone...I would have given it 3 days of battery life.. That's all

"OK, this discussion turned into bashing of some of the brands and not staying on point"

So people expressing what the prefer or dislike is considered bashing?

ivan.k
ivan.k
Phonearena team
• 1y ago

Last year, decided to go with a mid-ranger Motorola edge 30 fusion. The most frustrating thing that I wish to change is the proximity sensor - very often, while in a call, display is not locked...On second place is the camera - if it could be just a little bit faster, it would be great.

• 1y ago
↵notfair said:

The only thing that made me leave android was the horrible standby battery drain. If I would go to sleep with 20% battery left, in 9 out 10 cases the phone(note 20 ultra, no issues with battery) would be dead by morning (around 8 hours of sleep), with my iphone13 pro, i can go to sleep with 6% and I would still have battery in the morning and the alarm would go off.

I don't like iOS because is blunt compared with android, but to have a piece of mind that the phone will not turn off during the day or sleep hours is a great relief.

I saw reports that the s23U has great standby battery drain, but I couldn't see myself buying it and get burned, and Sammy has a ton of bloatware that you cannot remove so I think I am done with sammy after being a fan since the galaxy s1.

Maybe the new sony phones will convince me if the battery is great and solved their camera issues.

Looks like you could come back to Android/Samsung if you wanted: https://youtu.be/HYhmJc6v01k?t=167

5 points on S23U vs 8 points on iPhone 14 Pro Max (both AOD off) after 16 hours standby. This is Wi-Fi but with cellular the S23U has X70 modem which is more efficient than the older X65 modem in the iPhone so the difference may be even bigger.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless