Verizon again trying to buy out Vodafone, this time for "well over $100B"
1. lyndon420 (Posts: 2715; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
That's just stupid amounts of money. Geez man like wtf.
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1570; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
go ahead verizon buy the vodafone 130 billion or more.
3. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 217; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
What does this have to do with Verizon lowering my rates? Lol
4. pyckvi (Posts: 48; Member since: 19 Dec 2010)
and I thought $25 Billion for sprint was insane...
6. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
They should buy Apple, Google and Microsoft for 2 trillions and something, then buy a small country and move there to avoid taxes, seems fair to me.
5. Madarres (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
What's a billion or two between friends though...
7. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Let me get this straight: 45% of VZW is owned by Vodafone. Now, VZW wants to buy Vodafone (and their own stakes back). IF they succeed, stocks may rise, and if some individuals are allowed to get shares for themselves (not as Vodafone, but as parts of its stakeholders) they could make some quick and good buck out of it... but then, it's still a complicated, paradoxical thing. It's like "you own almost half of me, but somehow I've got enough funds to buy back this part of me you've bought before, AND YOU as a whole too!" :S
8. DFranch (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I think Verizon wants to buy the 45% of verizon which Vodaphone owns. They are not trying to buy Vodaphone outright.