Twitter for Android gets update, offers new fonts, swipe-able tabs and Holo UI
The update offers a new Holo UI, swipe-able tabs and changes to the app's fonts. In addition, let's say that you receive a tweet with a link to an app that you haven't installed. Twitter will now take you to the Google Play Store to downland the app. It's a whole new ballgame for the Official Twitter app which is available right now as a free download from the Google Play Store.
source: Twitter via AndroidandMe
Official Twitter for Android update
1. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I just updated, and goodness me its so much better, blends in with proper holo UI.
2. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
WHO THE HELL CARES ABOUT TWITTER AND FACEBOOK ANYWAY?
5. MikeG77 (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Obviously you do! I never understood why people read and article they don't care about and then leave a stupid comment.
6. TheMaxColonel (Posts: 48; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I came here, scrolled down, wrote the comment and left.
10. the_EDJ (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Sep 2008)
Someone without enough friends or followers apparently...
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4416; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I am like you. Call me old school or whatever, (even though I am 33) but I really never understood the whole point of Facebook & Twitter. If I want you to know my business I will call or text you.
Some people post on Facebook or Twitter when they have to take a dump or when the most pointless things happened to them. It's like a soap opera 24/7.
Sure I can see Facebook or Twitter being used as a marketing window for businesses because indeed it's huge but I kinda find it very narcissistic. Why do people care if they have 700 friends whom 70% of those people they have NEVER met.
I am just saying.
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I like the new update. it looks alot better than its previous versions.
4. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Just updated. Wow, it looks A WHOLE LOT better. Love the new Holo UI. Now all they have to let us do is customize it a bit more. I'd like some different color themes.
7. pookiewood (Posts: 626; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Looks like the WP app that got released a few weeks back. Nice looking. So is Holo the Android answer to Metro?
8. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well many developers are only now starting to utilize the Holo theme (which was introduced back when ICS was released) since less than half of devices actually had ICS or above until recently. Now that many people have ICS (which utilizes the Holo theme), developers are finally incorporating it into their apps.
11. iamkylebenson (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
CANT UPLOAD PHOTOS!!! STUPID UPDATE!!!
12. koolerz1569 (Posts: 8; Member since: 12 Nov 2009)
now all i need is a tablet optimized app for android and i'll be happy forever
13. Xianead (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
The update made the app very laggy in every part, specially the profile.