Tutorial videos of Motorola DROID 3 are leaked
With that in mind, Motorola is upping the ante with the DROID 3. According to a leaked tutorial video of the device, the physical QWERTY keyboard has indeed been improved to a 5-row format with a dedicated row of numbers. An 8MP camera is on back with the ability to capture video at 1080p HD. Other changes include a pair of volume controls instead of the usual volume rocker. And like the just launched Motorola DROID X2, there is no camera shutter button aboard.
It still looks like the DROID 3 will come to market without LTE connectivity, and it is still unclear which version of the Android OS will be installed on the phone. Oh yeah, pricing and a launch date are both still unknown at this point.
source: PhonePads via Engadget
1. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 14:54 3
this delicious bar of keyboard sexiness is my next phone.
2. Whateverman posted on 05 Jun 2011, 15:08 6
Very nice phone! But I was really shocked to see PA admitt that the DROID was a" handset that at the time, could not only compete with the Apple iPhone, but also surpassed it in many ways." Wow! I know some ios fans who are gonna be pissed when they read that! Excellent reporting PhoneArena!
3. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 16:00 2
the time of the original Droid was indeed a very exciting time.
4. xenover posted on 05 Jun 2011, 16:02 1
Slide-out keyboards are not my thing.
Phone looks kind of ugly.
6. osanilevich posted on 05 Jun 2011, 16:52 0
I pity all those who just bought the droid 2. Seeing the almost yearly refresh rate for this model, I predict there is a droid 4 in the works as we speak
10. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 18:07 0
it might very well be the once leaked Motorola "Jet" in fact.
7. donewithmoto (unregistered) posted on 05 Jun 2011, 16:59 0
is it me or is everyone underwhelmed by this phone. ive had the droid 1, and now the droid 2. i think its galaxys s 2 time for me soon. this phone is ugly as hell. I think motorola is just asking to go bankrupt again? their phones suck!
22. Allday28 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:25 1
If they suck so bad then why did you buy 2 of them??
37. Ian (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 07:53 0
I can't speak for the Droid 2 but I bought my Droid1 because there weren't many good choices back then and I really did enjoy the keyboard but I too am thinking it's galaxy S2 time.
8. DontHateOnS60 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 17:25 2
Again with the removal of the camera button? When are these manufacturers going to learn that people like to have options.
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 17:43 0
I wish so badly thid phone had stock gingerbread on it. One of the reasons people loved the Droid over the droid 2.
11. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 18:11 0
dude, the revamped version of revamped blur on this thing looks fantastic and it looks real snappy to boot, it totally rectifies itself from lacking stock gingerbread.
12. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 18:12 0
i wonder if it'll be compatible with the Laptop Dock...
13. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 18:17 0
the back kind of reminds me of the EVO 3D's back.
15. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 19:58 0
Judging based on the new lock screen and I hope its actually that fast and responsive this phone is indeed running 2.3. Can any confirm of the x2 has this same lock screen? I don't think it does tho.
17. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 20:28 0
it doesn't now but it only has Froyo. it will probably be quite similar to the Droid 3's interface when it gets updated.
19. jroc74 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:02 2
All I know is the new version of Blur on the Droid X with GB and the DX2 is alot better. If this is an improvement on that, Blur might have less haters this time around.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:12 0
I also hope they upgraded the RAM on the Droid 3.
21. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:18 0
didn't they bump it up to 768MB in the X2? i imagine they will for the 3 if that's the case. o:
23. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:29 0
They did? I thought I heard that it was still at 512mb
24. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:37 0
you know what, i'm not seeing anything with any solid intel, your guess is as good as mine. o:
25. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:40 0
Well if the phone operates as fast as it does on that video I'm pretty sure it has been.
26. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:45 0
i concurrr. o:
27. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:51 0
The upgraded screen size and slide out keyboard are the real awesomeness. Having a dual core just makes it that much better.
28. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:56 0
the dual-core really matters to me but yeah, those things are defiantly more than just the sugar on top. (:
29. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jun 2011, 22:57 0
i really like that back too, it looks so smooooooth.. 0.0
31. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jun 2011, 23:48 0
Also do the Motorola Widgets look like you can scroll down them?
32. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Jun 2011, 00:16 0
i'm not sure if they have support for that but i know there's some more useful ones like an actual, much needed bookmarks widget.
34. Sniggly posted on 06 Jun 2011, 01:31 1
This phone looks rockin'. A truly good refresh, one that I'm excited to see in peoples' hands.
38. foxymomli (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2011, 11:19 1
Where is the front camera for skype....that we were told would be there???? Why wasn't the keyboard opened to show us???? I am disappointed...all this waiting and nothing exciting!!!!
40. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Jun 2011, 12:22 0
FF Camera is in the top right corner you just can't see it and the last video showed the keyboard. xD
42. codymws posted on 06 Jun 2011, 21:56 0
YouTube pulled the videos... would PhoneArena happen to have a copy? ;)