Sony Xperia Z2 gets disassembled – it's very easy to repair!
It appears that it's rather easy to open the smartphone and repair its hardware components, unlike the already mentioned Galaxy S5 and the HTC One (M8). The build of the Z2 is almost identical to that of its predecessor, the Sony Xperia Z1. The teardown also reveals that it's very easy to access one of the most important hardware parts, the motherboard. From there on, you can pretty much access any other component.
You can see the complete teardown of the Sony Xperia Z2 in the gallery below.
Sony Xperia Z2 gets disassembled
source: CNMO via GSMArena
7. CoastCity (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
I'd buy it because it has Samsung parts and I'm a Samsung fan.
April's fool fan
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3623; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sexy, hot, waterproof, and stylish + Easy to repair. 10/10.
47. masiankin (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
this is definitely not sony xperia z2 as it has no any sound speakers in the bottom side of the phone. plus no hole for belt on the right bottom side as well.
so my opinion it is some kind of fake phone and fake review.
25. jellmoo (Posts: 700; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
How are you liking overall? Do you find the screen to be a good improvement over the Z1? When you hold it, do you find the size unwieldy at all?
27. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Of course the are a lot of improvements.
- Snapdragon 801
- Stereo speakers
- IPS with LED backlight display
- 3 GB of RAM
- 3200 mAh battery
33. jellmoo (Posts: 700; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Thanks for the reply, but I know the specs. The questions I asked are purely based on hands on use.
34. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3209; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well I don't have it yet because it's not released. But I've held the Z1 many times and it was pretty comfortable in my hands. And Z2 is almost identical. Of course it's not as good as HTC One, but still good. And the size isn't a problem. Fits in the pocket perfectly and so on. Same thing with screen. Haven't seen it just yet in real life, but in all the videos and measurements it has great and accurate colours and good viewing angles so it can't be bad
4. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
At least much easier than the over-saturated AMOLED ones.
13. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Insanity in your comment is a subjective term.
21. MrKoles (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
saying something is subjective can be pretty subjective tbh.
30. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Indeed, and that's why I'm here to tell you, Mr. Genius.
23. tech2 (Posts: 2357; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Do you read this guy Mark's comments ? He just trolls every samsung article and even in Z2 article which has nothing to do with the display he is trolling Amoleds.
Don't you see even the slightest hint of stupidity here ?!
31. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
And do you see my point of commenting here? Perhaps not...
42. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
I don't think I have to, I think I'm too shy to say it.
43. tech2 (Posts: 2357; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well if 'you don't think you've to answer' then don't ask the question, smarty pants.
Cure your shyness !
44. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Okay (I added this because of the 5 char limit: I have to stop now, I won't spam some kind of page with these kind of messages.)
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1403; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Pic #11, it shows the battery is Li-Polymer. Why do I keep thinking it's Li-ion...
16. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3602; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Are you trying to fool lol it clearly says li ion. Nice try though. Btw a poor choice in my book. Non removable batteries should be of Li-Po type imo. If anyone wants reasons google li-polymer vs. Li ion battery from android authority.
19. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1403; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm a fan of Li-Po as well. That's why HTC One M8 has pretty good battery life. Also, I did see the Li-Ion on the right but also and on the left side it says "Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery" on the second line down. That's why I'm confused XD
24. Maryewww (Posts: 30; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
The second line clearly states that it is a li-polymer rechargeable battery no fool here
49. refillable (Posts: 652; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
It says Li-Po on the left with Li-Ion on the right side under the recycle logo. It must be Li-Po...
6. CaptYolo (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
This phone just gets better and better doesn't it?
17. Amir1 (Posts: 269; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
reviews already started and are saying it's a great device.
8. irbaaz (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
very neat and clean design , I loved the simplicity of the internal .......
12. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3602; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Is it just me or really the physical size of camera optics are shrunked compared to z1.
15. Amir1 (Posts: 269; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
sexy on the outside, sexy on the inside! design at its best!
18. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3602; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Just look at that #6 pic how thin that glass back is.
20. Zack_2014 (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Neatly done Sony! Z2 looks like a worthy buy for 2014 :)
Always was a Sammy owner, now its time for a switch.
28. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
The only thing good from sammy is its AMOLED display. I'll give 9.8/10 score for AMOLED display and give 2/10 score for the stupid design, cheap plastic, laggy touchwiz & bloatwares
26. cmatej000 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
How much would a screen replacement cost? Hope its way cheeper then on the S3...
29. fireblade (Posts: 714; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
as far as I know, IPS is cheaper than AMOLED. You can always find IPS display in $100 phone but you won't find AMOLED on cheap Samsung phones
32. jeeta444 (Posts: 134; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
its beauty !!
internals are neatly placed......its simple and very clean from inside.....effortless job Sony.....just superb designing...!
35. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
It is amazing that sony is able to put a camera sensor that size into a 8.2mm smartphone without bulges.
Wow, sony is the king of craftmanship
37. _Bone_ (Posts: 2137; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
... which is why the phone's been delayed to the end of Q2 haha
38. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Waiting for the official release !!!! Z2 =2014king
40. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 775; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I was honestly expecting the Samsung Galaxy S5 to be more repairable
45. isprobi (Posts: 220; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I am hoping there will be a Xperia Z Ultra 2. All it really needs is a slightly better camera with a flash and stereo speakers.
46. masiankin (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Apr 2014)
guys, this is definitely not sony xperia z2 as it has no any sound speakers in the bottom side of the phone. plus no hole for belt on the right bottom side as well.
so my opinion it is some kind of fake phone and fake review.