- "Mr. Satzger is a former Apple employee represented by separate counsel. He is unable to sit for deposition before November 1 because, during the month of October, his lawyer has a full deposition schedule in a separate class action matter.
- Mr. Nishibori is unable to sit for deposition before November 1 because he currently is on a voluntary leave of absence from Apple.
- Mr. Ive is unable to sit for deposition before November 1 for personal reasons.
- Mr. Stringer is unable to sit for deposition before November 1 because of work and scheduling conflicts."
Samsung wants Apple's Jonathan Ive to testify in court, and the iPhone 4S source code, too
1. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looks like Steve Jobs' paroxysmal response to the success of Android is getting pretty serious.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Patent litigation can take on a life of its own. There is a reason for the saying that the people who truly win in litigation are the attorneys.... I said it before, and I will say it again - Steve was the driving force behind Apple's litigiousness. Now that he is not on the scene, cooler heads can determine the best course and get to a global settlement. There will probably be another few rounds of claims and counter claims, but within a couple of years, look for the lawsuits to be settled. Apple is not going to win every action it files (see Spanish lawsuit) and its rivals will not win every lawsuit they file. When everyone collectively is fed up with the pissing match, then a deal will be done. Until then, the attorneys are getting fat off of the back-and-forth.
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i get the rest.. but what does the subsity deals have to do with the 3g patents?
5. DJLegacy2k5 (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They want the subsidy agreements to prove that Austrailian companies have signed big deals with Apple thus spinning things into the realm of "corruption" driving the choices and outcomes in the country.
Basically furthering the thought that Apple has been paying off people, companies, and other parties to move their lawsuits along while companies like Samsung are getting turned down even though they have more of a realistic patent suit than apple.
3G is obviously being used and not paid for by Apple...Its cut and dry, but yet courts wont listen to Sammy and Apple is geting bans on products of Sammys just because they are square screens...Ohhh Nooo..
7. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Read what frand is before you say Apple is using 3G patents without a right. Also the subsidiary deals is Apple making money on the carriers not giving them money.
10. DJLegacy2k5 (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Those are 2 separate statements: 1) Corruption driving things 2) A separate thought that Apple has been paying people off. So 2 things Corruption and Payoffs...
"FRAND" (cough) is a cop-out and not a legal standing in many countries.
Broad generalized patents like "square and shiney" or "touch interaction with a contact list", is all Apple has so there shouldnt be ANY basis for 90% of their lawsuits.
13. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
That's the point taco. Apple is making money off the carriers selling their products which is why they want to ban other products...
14. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No DJ was saying that Apple pays companies off. That's way off.
Apple wants to ban products that steal ip. They have a total right to do that. This is good for competition. It will force these companies to innovate instead of copying Apple.
16. DJLegacy2k5 (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
LOL You're the biggest troll on this site. Every normal, sane, intelligent individual knows APPLE steals, copies, and tries to then patent other peoples' or patent broad topics like "square and shiney" or "using touch to access a contact list"...So they can try to squash competition, not to encourage it. Stop trying to SPIN the facts TROLL.
17. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Unless I misunderstood his post he was making two separate points. One regarding the subsidies for carriers and one about the fact that he believes Apple pays off people/companies to help their lawsuits.
Regardless, even Steve Jobs has discussed stealing ideas from people so I don't understand why you think it's okay for him to be such a hypocrite now that it's happening to them.
Besides, the things they are suing over are OBVIOUSLY form factor. It would be one thing if they were suing over software coding and such but the lawsuits with Samsung are mostly regarding shape and appearance, which is laughable at best.
The fact that it's working is sad to say the least.
19. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
didnt Bill Gates call him a thief in his responce to the book too? lol. I would concider Bill Gates a lot more "in the know" than any of us.. concidering he OWNS part of Apple and has worked around gates on and off for like what.. 30 years.. lol
4. bucky (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wouldnt sammy like to see some source code :)
Samsung galaxy s3 NOW WITH IPHONE INCLUDED!!!!!
6. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hey if Apple can release iOS 2.3.4 gingerbread, why cant samsung release AndroidOS5? :)
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's funny considering android is an iOS knockoff from the inside out.
11. DJLegacy2k5 (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Haven't you been banned for trolling and being worthless yet?
12. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Sorry fandroid I know you don't like to hear the truth.
15. DJLegacy2k5 (Posts: 212; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Fandroid? I use WP7.5 but Ok...youre still worthless.
18. OllielovesAndriod (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 May 2011)
Tacco, if apple doesn't copy other companies ideas, please do explain the blatent copying of the pull down bar of Android, android has had that since 1.6, that's since 2008... So apple doesn't copy ideas a tall? Tacco get of this website and go join a 12 year old social clubs or something you kids do!
21. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
funny how taco calls everyone a fandroid. well what would you call me if I told you i owned a walkie-talkie as a cell phone
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
a fandroid in hiding!! lol :) everyone that doesnt agree with his idiotic comments is a fandroid to him.
20. jacko (unregistered)
funny how android been around since 2003 and ios mmmmmmmm 2007
9. bucky (Posts: 1873; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I fully agree with the notification bar rip off but I really want sammy to add some of their own vreativity into the next galaxy s.