Samsung announces Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablets, the first one should be launched in August
The first Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet (pictured on the left) is expected to be released in the US in August, and seems to be based on the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 that’s already available to buy for $199.99. The device will offer customized Nook software, providing “easy access to Barnes & Noble’s expansive digital collection of more than three million books, leading magazines and newspapers.” Customers will be able to find Galaxy Tab 4 Nook slates at Barnes & Nobles bookstores across the US, as well as online at bn.com.
It’s not clear how much the first Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet will cost, but we guess its price won’t be too different from the price of the regular Tab 4 7.0.
source: Business Wire
2. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Well, as I've gone from my Mega 6.3 to a Galaxy S5 ( which is awesome ) .. I think I might buy a compact tablet just for easy use at work as I don't want also to bang "my precious" here and there, a Tab 4 7.0 or 8.0 is considerable now.. don't know about the nook thing though. I read tons of books but still if it's priced higher than the regular one, the regular one will then be better.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7370; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm getting rid of my iPad Mini 2, S5 and Note 3 for a M8. Time for a new phone :')
4. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Really? A Samsung expert like you want to get rid the S5 and Note 3 for an HTC M8? That's surprised me.
6. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The S5 still a fresh flagship, why do you want to get rid of it?
7. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I wish I could get rid of my old phone for a m8..
9. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Holy God! Your old phone is the legendary N73, how long do you own it?
8. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
What the h*ll man? you'll regret it specially when it comes to camera and Amoled among many other things .. What's wrong with your GS5 :/ ?
10. alaw.14 (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
You know as much as I love samsung, I encourage your change. Sometimes you want to try new things.
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Something is strange, l checked in his profile 'http://www.phonearena.com/user/PapaSmurf/phones' he only had an HTC Sensation 4g and wants iP6 and iP5s, this indicates that he is not an HTC fan.
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1708; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You're getting rid of three gadgets for ONE One M8?
13. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
He is not an HTC fan and the M8 is not exist in his phone list. His account could be possibly hacked by someone(an HTC fan).
15. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Yes, I guess his account is hacked too.
19. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3088; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nothing wrong with iPad mini2, but it's much better than iPad mini which use to lag and stutter.
20. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
How do you know the original iPad Mini does lag and stutter? All of the iPhones and iPads doesn't have any lag and stuttering problem in the ui.
21. true1984 (Posts: 582; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i thought you hated the camera, so whats making you join us on the dark side? and honestly, why the note?
17. maherk (Posts: 786; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I have both the S5 and the Tab pro 8.4, and for me it is the best Android tablet out there in the market. I was going for the pro 10.1 but as soon as I tried the 8.4 at best buy, I knew what I was going to buy. Great screen, nice grip, thin, much lighter than its bigger brother, and I love the iR blaster on this thing, I have the full tv guide on my tablet (the S5 can do that as well). The only con I can think about is the speakers placement, I wish Samsung went with the front facing dual speakers like they did with the original Note 10.1.
5. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm curious about the first comment in this article.
18. Doakie (Posts: 1105; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Well I'm glad that the Nook line lives on through a partnership with Samsung. I was kind of concerned about Barnes and nobles stance in the world once they announced the shut down of producing their own tablets. What really sucked is that I had referred a friend of mine to buy a Nook HD+ the 9" tablet a week before they shut down the program.