Samsung Galaxy Xcover 2 announced - rugged Jelly Bean phone lets you snap underwater
HSPA 14.4/5.76 900/2100
1 GHz dual-core processor
100.8mm(4.0”) WVGA(480 x 800) TFT
Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Main(Rear): 5-megapixel auto focus camera with LED flash
Sub(Front): VGA camera
Direct camera key
H.264, MPEG‐4, H.263, VC‐1, Divx/Xvid, Sorenson Spark, WMV7, WMV8
Recording/ Playback : 720p
MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC＋, eAAC＋, AMR‐NB, WMA, FLAC, WAV, MID, IMY, AC3
Music Player with SoundAlive
3.5mm Ear Jack
Samsung Kies /Samsung Kies Air
- Game Hub
- Readers Hub＊ / Music Hub＊ / Video Hub＊
Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service
Samsung AllShare Play
Motion UI, Smart Stay, Best Shot, S Voice, S Cloud, Cardio Trainer Pro＊
Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude
Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies
Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk,
Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads
Battery cover lock, Strap holder
Bluetooth® v 4.0
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
4GB User memory ＋ 1GB (RAM)
microSD (up to 32GB)
130.5 x 67.7 x 12 mm, 148.5 g
Standard battery, Li-ion 1,700mAh
1. temuchka1996 (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
another 4 inch WVGA phone from samsung :|
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1235; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont care! i prefer xperia z! stylish and the best!
15. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
The Xperia Z is a high end phone, this is a low to mid range phone, that's not a fair comparison at all
18. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
duhh this phone is ip67 and coined it to be the most rugged phone out there so thers no way of comparing a high-end from midrange,,
3. jsdechavez (Posts: 701; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Another Samsung. And Sony makes their flagship water and dust-resistant too. Sammy just can't.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I dont think Samsung has tried it for a flagship phone. How do we know they cant?
5. AfterShock (Posts: 2515; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
As a disposable for pay an go or tourism ok, anything else an it'll sink.
6. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Xperia GO & ACtive is far more a looker than this...
so we expect S4 uglier than ever
8. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
A rectangle is so attractive like your face.
7. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Here comes all the retard sony smalld**ked boys
HURRR MY WATUHPROOF XPERIA Z IS BETTUHHHH DURRRRR
9. IU_Lover (Posts: 35; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Why is everyone thumbing down the comments that say Sony is better... lol
10. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Specs are a bit outdated. But, I really like the look of the phone. Maybe with project butter, the 1ghz proc will be able to run the system smoothly.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
So the main point is.. this device is far more robust and durable than Nokia 920.
14. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
everyone cries for a waterproof phone.. well there you go.. what do you expect from it ? quad core processor 2 gig ram super amoled/ bendable screen and a price tag of $200 !? the build quality alone makes it worth the buy for any one that doesn't know how to take care of a phone/construction workers and people who are always near water.