Samsung Galaxy S IV to after all be at CES, but only for a few executives to see
Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Jay Lee is allegedly the person who will be at CES and the one to show the upcoming Galaxy S IV to carriers and other high-profile partners.
Moreover, the report goes on to once again say the Samsung Galaxy S IV will indeed have a 5-inch 1080p display and run on Samsung’s Exynos 5440, a quad-core ARM Cortex A15-based chip.
This might sound a bit strange to you, but what the Samsung executive will be showing is likely a non-final prototype of the S IV to partners that will need some information about that device before they decide how much of it they would want, and so on. All of this is ordinary, and is going behind the scenes, without the end-user hearing much. At least we know that Samsung is ready with some kind of a prototype to show off, and that’s already something.
What’s more interesting, is that we even saw a leaked picture of the Galaxy S IV, stripped off the physical buttons. That could be an interesting decision to keep the device at around the same dimensions and relatively comfortable for one-handed use despite the larger screen.
source: MK via Android Authority
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
S4 is most anticipated phone right now and it deserves a separate unveiling.
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
While i agree, i think it's too soon for Samsung to unveil the S IV. Yes, It's a premium phone that needs a sole, separate and a big launch. It would be better if Samsung unveil the phone a few days prior to the launch...i think that would have more surprise value for the fans.
10. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5480; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...but only for a few executives to see"
Still a chance for a leaks! :)
11. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
1080p OLED screen O_O oh god I have sold my s2 2 days ago ;)
4. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i hope it would be released in Q3 of 2013 or late Q2...
9. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Q2 for S4, Q3 for Note3.
There will be a few months gap between the two.
8. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
They can't really go over the top with the internals compared to high end phones being showcased at CES.
1920x1200? OLED? Flexible display? Better camera? S Pen? Android 5.0? Not likely.
I think this year is for Samsung tablets. Note 2 10.1 sounds promising.
12. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
It will be released in 2nd qtr (Apr-Jun).
13. BS_Lyon (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
Every thing looks great, but needs home button and durable body to make it a perfect device.
15. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
well, they need a push from other companies to make S IV really successful, so why not.
i really want the ability of dual processor though, a quad core A15 and a dual core (4+1 was patented by Nvidia) low power A9
16. sonisoe (Posts: 329; Member since: 06 May 2009)
damn it, why do they keep making a larger & larger screen phone....
19. Valdomero (Posts: 121; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I second that, I believe Sammy thinks people are getting bigger and bigger every year, maybe they're making these phones larger because of the hardware they have inside.
I was looking forward this phone, but since it'll be a 5" screen and look almost the same as the GS3 and Note 2, I'd better stay with my GS2 or look for another phone :s
18. tiara6918 (Posts: 1438; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The Galaxy SIV would surely crush the iPhone5 a couple of times!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 11825; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Y is that the phone u have mention? This article is about the gs4.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6575; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Lucky a$$ executives. They even shouldn't even see the new model till the press conference all they do is sit on their lazy fat a$$e$. But still EXCITED ONLY THREE MONTHS TO GO!!
21. naptown2 (Posts: 70; Member since: 29 Dec 2012)
so looking forward to seeing what it is. rumor tho s-pen not happy about that
23. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Im so excited. Launch it Now!!!!! Please, im begging you
24. sswain (Posts: 49; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
T3 Middle East also says that the GS4 is in CES shown to selected persons.
25. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
The Galaxy S4 will be great i am sure. But I will be purchasing the Galaxy Note 3 that's Samsung's main device in the family.