Samsung Galaxy S III allegedly confirmed for April launch
1. deeoh1084 (Posts: 49; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
that will be awesome!!! i hope we'll get them here before the Summer hits
7. Synack (Posts: 673; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Now we wait to see if the carriers and Samsung have figured it out to have a WORLDWIDE launch in April as opposed to everywhere but USA in April and USA in freaking October.
20. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
That and the US versions will be horribly dumbed down and full of bloatware
28. torr310 (Posts: 605; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
It looks good.
Hope it won't have the reception/connection issues like the Galaxy Nexus does.
32. torr310 (Posts: 605; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Also hope the battery can last all day long and be removable.
59. cheetah2k (Posts: 1249; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
What reception/connection issues??? You must be confusing the Gnex with the iPhone 4.
60. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Haha. Thats sounds about right.
63. G2Noobin (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
Not feeling the design... bring the buttons back... its not a computer with out buttons....its becomes a tablet... im a computer guy... as you see me typing on one
66. asimo (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Well face it, the US are not the center of the world anymore
13. sam_tek (Posts: 102; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
Sammy boy, I just got my Note barely two months ago, and you think you have what it takes to lure me into buying this!?
Dammit it, with a 1080p quad (and fingers crossed - smaller bezel), you'd have me... again!
2. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
If only it would keep those specs when it comes to U.S carriers..
1080p !! that would be amazing!!
Def looks like it will be the best phone of the year! again!
4. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Ceramic? Interesting. I would like to see it.
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ceramic is very strong. they make armor out of the stuff. :) It will definitely be interesting compared to the plastics n tins of the phone world.
GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE!!
43. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
even armor has chinks.
the strength of a material is dependent on the type of load particularly the angle of incidence.
what are the compressive, tensile, torsional and shear strength values?
why is ceramic normally considered brittle?
what happens to a ceramic-backed phone when it is impacted along its edge?
14. d3ac0n (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Probably just sprayed onto high quality plastic or aluminium. It's not gonna be ceramic per se.
62. gomulkaaa (Posts: 27; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
All those features are nice and all, but if it won't get me through a whole day's worth of usage, forget it
9. MNX1024 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I just wish that the phone will keep the shutter key that is on the above render.
10. bucky (Posts: 2155; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
4.8 is too big even for me (6'1). this trend isnt good.......
12. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
if samsung shrinks the bezels like on the pic above it should not be much bigger than a 4.3 inch screen phone
11. WILDCAT1935 (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Mar 2011)
Hope Verizon gets their head out of their ass and offer the S3.
35. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I certainly hope so! If they skip the GS3 for "something better", I think I might have to jump ship. And if they get it, they better not dumb it down like they did the Fascinate!
54. denmcdon (Posts: 90; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
I'm with you whateverman my five lines of service are up in july I'll jump ship also, getting tired of Verizon with there line of phones i want a samsung galaxy note or journal i want a GS3 damn i'll even take a samsung skyrocket come on verizon no more DROIDS 5.....6......7 fml
38. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Im with you there man. Not all of these Droid branded phones are what they are cut out to be. AT&T already got the htc one x exclusively... What a disappointment it would be if they got this too.
39. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Did not. They got.the "XL" which is the crap dragon version
Supposedly T-Mobile is getting the international quad core version as well as the 1s.
15. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Hope AT&T does't decide to dumb this one down like the One X.
16. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
This will kill most Quad core phones out there. I just cant wait for it.
17. shy2papa (Posts: 238; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
i hope they follow Motorola raza maxx example and give the GS3 a 3000 mah and above battery life that would be the phone to beat
18. chaosnightmare (Posts: 71; Member since: 20 May 2010)
Surely Cr*pple will try to sue this monster so it won't get more atention than their obsolete phone
21. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
if a beast of a phone like this comes out in april it's bye bye every other android phone maker...I mean 1080p screen I highly doubt that even PenTile 1080p is highly unlikely, but we will see, it's samsung we're talking about so everything is possible...
22. jove39 (Posts: 1559; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Having hard time to believe a 4.8" 1080p large scale production display is possible today...but if it is...May be I'll be one of those who own...GalaxyS I, II, III at same time :)
23. Filly (Posts: 16; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
No Cortex A15 -> no buy. Wont gonna buy a quadcore with lame Cortex A9
30. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
I would really like you to explain to me what is the difference between a-9 and a-15 because I see you have something against a-9. And explain it to me in professionally pls so you convince me that you know what you are talking about and not just bashing a-9 because you heard somewhere that a-15 is better than a-9
33. the_s2 (Posts: 229; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Cortex a15 is 40% faster than the Cortex a9 at the same clock speed and number of cores. Manufactured on 32/28 nm process vs 45nm process for the a9. This will clear your doubts.http://www.youtube.com/watch?f
47. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
I know the answer but it just seemed to me that he said it just because he heard it somewhere and doesn't know s**t about it that's why i asked HIM
btw tegra uses 2 cores when browsing so hat is not some comparison but it does show that a-15 is faster than a-9, generaly a-15 is better than a-9 because of number of things not just power
49. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
just one more thing, no matter how good a-15 is, dual core a-15 just cant be better than quad a-9 in some aspects, like gaming, heavy multitasking, etc but i will wait till the Q3 when hopefully there will be a-15 quads to get new phone...
24. ajoshi06 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
and dont forget the gorilla glass
25. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
I feel like this will be da phone of the year
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
nice specs... I remember when the same were said about the Nexus... and is going to be outsold by the Note... please.. it will not be 1080p screen.. cut it out.. and yes it will have bezel.. carriers needed to put their brand... specially on a monster phone... so just wait for the official specs to come out... and please.. don't salivate over rumors..
41. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
yes!!!! a few more thumbs down and my comment will be hidden causing more people to read it..
46. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
apple fans salivated over ip5 rumours that turned out not to be true...let samsung fans do the same,agree 1080p as much i would like,not going to happen but i do think we will 720p amoled plus screen and thats all i want a long with either the 32nm dual/quad core..i think when rumours say bezelless,i think they mean the side bezels,there will always be bezel on the top and bottom for mic,camera etc
29. ratedjersey (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
This is crazy I just bought the Galaxy Nexus, now the Galaxy S III, this is crazy how fast these new phones are coming out. I hope Verizon has a trade in program LOL
31. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 569; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I'm with you on the nexus. Love the hell out of it, but if Verizon gets this ON TIME this Galaxy Nexus has got to go. Quad core exynos? 1080p Super Amoled? You had me at Galaxy lol.
34. Forsaken77 (Posts: 552; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Remember... don't buy it when it first comes out. There will be 1 or 2 better versions of it a month or 2 later.
36. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
well that wasnt true for the SGS2 soo it should not be for the 3
42. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1870; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I hope not... I hate a lot of phones have a little brother with something slight better feature. Well, I guess the SGS2 on AT&T did have the skyrocket pretty shortly after.
37. BooneGibson (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Hopefully Samsung will utilize the new Gorilla Glass 2 (thinner and stronger than the original Gorilla Glass) as well as nano-coating technology to make it waterproof too!!! If they do...game over!!!
40. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Samsung has a joint venture with Corning, the company that makes it. It will definitely have good glass, whether it be the Gorilla glass 2 or something better and not named/sold to competitors.
44. snowgator (Posts: 3456; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Would like to see Samsung confirm some of this. If it is truly going to be released in April, then they should be pumping it up officially very soon. Samsung knows how to do high end smartphone better than anyone right now. These specs are monster, and any other manufacturer I wouldn't buy it. But, Sammy? I am ready to believe.
45. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
If only verizon will get it this time vzw always gets the crap version and late as heck. Im sure none of the phone from this showw ill be with vzw. Where still waiting for our first 3d phone lol.
48. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I really like the specs of the phone and it sounds great! I really hope they keep the looks of touchwiz similar to stock ics and only add what truly will add to the experience, not put random stuff that has no worth and makes in more confusing *cough* Sense *cough*
50. Wildmanfan (Posts: 238; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Please Verizon, don't screw this one up. You already did a horrible job acquiring the Galaxy Note. Please don't screw this up.
52. e.wvu (unregistered)
You mean the Galaxy Nexus?