Samsung Galaxy Note III leaks, shows less rounded corners
The Samsung Galaxy Note III is getting birthed into a market with some competition for the phablet from the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and its industry leading 6.4 inch screen. The eagerly awaited HTC One Max takes the popular design of the HTC One and blows it up to phablet size. HTC hasn't introduced the model yet, but information about the unit has leaked, including word that the phone will contain a fingerprint scanner.
If you can hold on until Wednesday, you will see exactly what Samsung has in mind for its next phablet. Let's say that this is the actual model. How do those squarer corners make you feel?
Samsung Galaxy Note III
Thanks Anonymous Tipster!
1. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 418; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Back to the GSII design. I like this better than sa GSIII and IV. That's why I admire Sony's brick design.
4. AnTuTu (Posts: 688; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Few more days and they will unleash the Beast.
Design does look great :)
42. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yes, and, that's definitely NOT a meesly 5.7; told everyone it was 6.3!!
Yayyyy, I might updrage after all but, what to do with my 2 G-Note 2's??
63. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5620; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"what to do with my 2 G-Note 2's??"
Been thinking the same thought myself. The Note 2 isn't exactly obsolete. Yeah, there is the matter of upgraded hardware, but it may not be that much of an upgrade (especially if no OIS for the camera). I am thinking of selling my RX100 and buying an RX100 Mark II for the WiFi pic transfer and improved low light capability.
69. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Okay but, what would you do with the second RX100?
And, are you saying (or not) that your ORIGINAL RX100 got "Lost/Stolen" on, say, a city bus?? Because if that's what you're saying, maybe (I'm not saying definitely but, "hypothetically"), the same thing happened to me
6. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 147; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Will Apple sue them again though? Samsung got in trouble with the SII if I remember correctly. Otherwise, sleek design, but I expected something fresher from Samsung.
54. tedkord (Posts: 4518; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple will sue them no matter what they do. They invented the smartphone, you know. Next year they're going to invent the TV.
68. rdemon (Posts: 45; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Well IBM invented the smartphone but I digress. Apple are known for being patent trolls for sure. Soon we might have to call them Granny Smith Apple the way their innovating nowadays.
64. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5620; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Didn't the patent that Apple relied upon for the suit against the SII get invalidated? If so, its gonna be a pretty hard lift for Apple to prevail - even with the friends Apple has in high places. Once a patent gets invalidated, it is really hard to get it re-instated.
8. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
I think its a fake. More like the LG Vu.. Its fat
14. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 741; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Kinda remind me of s2 and original note.
this seems so cool too. I don't care its plastic or not as long as it's not glossy.
cant wait for Wednesday note 3 , Z1
will be a supercool day...
34. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i dont care much about design
features and internal hardware i want like a beast
43. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I don't pretty much care about the design, I just WANT [IT] BIG!!
66. akki20892 (Posts: 3328; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
now this is what i like what sammy did there.....!!!
65. akki20892 (Posts: 3328; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i know, feels like winning a world cup.
5. Lyngdoh (Posts: 223; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Its gonna feel like a Sony which feels great.
67. akki20892 (Posts: 3328; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
but still sony is sony dude...........!!! design is great, but i hope material don't disappoint.
12. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Perhaps some type of prototype.
30. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
And i dont like this one.. Yah it looks good but uhhh this is something like Xperia Z and Ultra with overflowing inferior ergonomics..
If you want to enjoy the note's superior productivity, well at least it must not be uncomfortable to hold.
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
This looks good. Might choose this over the Z1 of course chance that the Z1 coming to Sprint is already very slim...
13. special4u (Posts: 63; Member since: 22 May 2013)
fatter iphone. samsung officialy prove themselves fail in design, excellent in copy!
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 741; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I expected a comment like this one... Pwhhh....
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Apple itself copied its designs from Sony. so, Sh*t up!
17. mianhae445 (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
the iPhone looks like the LG Prada from 2006...
19. Jason2k13 (Posts: 640; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
yeah because the iphone has thin bezels and rectangular physical button?
29. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5263; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Please don't mention the tiny iPhone. It makes me want to throw up.
18. mottykels (Posts: 370; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Its more wider than the note 2. Design is more like note 1
20. pyradark (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
It looks premium!!! Finally sammy put a gun to fire, hope we dont disappointed
21. dgray77 (Posts: 16; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Still liking the One Max better than the Note III.
24. Kishin (Posts: 587; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Its going to be hella long with the boom sound
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5263; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's how phablets look like. No need to laugh about it.
The Apple iBoon still remains on 4 inch, and it's damn long for a small phone like that. Apple will never grow up.
22. uchihakurtz (Posts: 234; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I doubt that's Note 3, the side bezel is too large and it's way too thick.
23. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5263; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Not bad! Looks like a combination of the Galaxy S4 and Note 1 with a premium look on it. Not bad Samsung!
25. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
If samsung had half a brain they'd announce two models - one running android and another featuring Windows Phone.
28. ausnote2 (Posts: 76; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Yes this is a beast and i will definitely get it on day 1.
This will be the best non compromise phone to date which will overtake my Note 2.
For all those who trash plastic, I have news for you
-plastic is lighter and in this phablet space, you want to carry as light as possible
-plastic is quicker and cheaper to produce
-dropping will cause less damage ie f=ma
-plastic allow for easier manufacturing of SD card slot and removable batteries....mugen 6000mah battery as an example
Glass should be used for windows, metal should be used for cars.
Concentrate on the screen as it is where the phone shines, not the material as in most cases, I hope people use a case to protect their phone.
On a side note, I kinda wanted 5.9" full hd screen for Note3 but since using the Note2 for a year, it seem to be the perfect size for convenient of phone and tablet use. Hence, I trust Samsung in this case. Although I might buy a second phone to test out such as Pantech Vega 6 or maybe even Sony Ultra (buy why sony removing led flash and if lock up the battery, make it at least 4000mah).
I next phone upgrade would be a foldable 7" phone, ie 3.5" for phone and fold out to 7" for tablet/laptop use as per Samsung concept (check out in youtube). I just hope that HTC and Sony can catch up though as they are behind the flexible display for this to happen.
And yes, I need my GOOGLE GLASS NOW.
33. Feanor (Posts: 295; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
So, next year, if Samsung changes from plastic to aluminium for the Note 4 as it is rumoured, you will not be buying... somehow I don't think so...
Let's stop these exaggerated claims to support our beloved products or brands; the fact that it is easier for manufacturers to produce plastic devices, or implement SD card slots is their problem. And if a metal and glass device is a bit more sensitive (actually only a bit, because plastic also gets dents and scratches, easier than glass actually), it is still much nicer to behold and use daily.
40. ausnote2 (Posts: 76; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
no, the point is do not compromise a phone to make it look nice by using glass or metal. If aluminum is lighter and cheaper to make then go for it i say without compromising. Remember a case will make whatever the material is irrelevant.
Forget about dents and scratches crap. If you or your friend drops your phone without a case, you are more likely to buy a new one. My advice is to buy a premium leather case period.
No fanboy but pro technology.
My tech need was mainly driven mainly the screen size starting with
-xda k-jam then
-O2 flame 3.5"
-then HTC HD2 4.3"
-then Dell Streak 5"
-then Note 1 5.3"
-current Note 2 5.5"
-soon to be Note 3 and/or Pantech Vega 6 and/or Sony Ultra. Note 3 seem be the way to go though but I am still not sure if 5.7" is my sweet spot.
35. saravanan083 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
thank god atlast sammy has done the job and like the cool design
once when it is unleashed am gona handel this beauty beast in my hands
41. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1160; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
You should feel right at home with the iphone 5s; it will look exactly the same.
38. gamblor77 (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I think this is fake. If you zoom in on the first pic u can see the bezel is much thicker than the one on the leaked front panel image. Still if the real one has a similar design but thinner I think it's gonna be pretty sexy.
44. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
i got NOTE 1 and 2,i'm suppose to pass,then if this is the final design then i'm sold.
45. zachattack (Posts: 549; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
the screen looked great until this finished product showed up. Man that shape is pretty ugly haha
48. BigBoss10 (Posts: 223; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
OMG>>>>>> ALL I CAN SAY IS A BIG BIG WOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO..... IT LOOKS SO DAMN SEXY!!! YEA BABY :D
50. GoBears (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Looks too fake. I'd be surprised if this was the final design. I personally like the more rounded design because it helps it slip in and out of pockets much easier than pointy phones. As far as the plastic design, that's another thing I like better, so I'm happy about that. As long as it has a removable battery and a microSD card, I'm buying immediately. It's the only phone that will sway me from the Note II.