Roku remote app released for Android
According to the Android Market description you can:
- Launch or rate any Roku channel with a tap of your finger.
- Use a touch remote control. Includes instant replay, back and options buttons as well as a keyboard for text entry.
- Easily browse hundreds of channels and games in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
- Control and switch between multiple Roku players.
The good news is that the app works with all models of Roku player. So if you have one in your life, hop on over to the appropriate market link below, and start controlling your TV viewing right from your smartphone!
Source: Roku via Engadget; Android Market, App Store
2. joseg81 (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
has it? i haven't been able to find a working version.
3. Scott_H (Posts: 167; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
The iPhone app has been out since December (as we reported in the article) but the Android one was just released to the market - and that's not just our impression, that's what Roku says on their blog (follow the source link).
5. sun0066 (Posts: 66; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
yes it is like that, there was a version , but no an official , and the unofficial worked well, but that one should work better