Pre-orders are now being taken for the BlackBerry Z3 in Indonesia; special Jakarta edition available
The BlackBerry Z3 can be pre-ordered through Indosat and XL even though it won't be introduced in the area until May 13th. The device was originally unveiled at MWC in February along with the BlackBerry Classic (formerly the BlackBerry Q20). The BlackBerry Z3 is expected to be priced at 2,190,000 Rupees. For a limited period of time, a special Jakarta edition of the phone will be made available. This model will have the inscription "Jakarta" on the back of the phone to celebrate the first 'Berry made specifically for the Indonesian market.
Special features on the phone include the BlackBerry Hub where users can find their email, text messages, social media and notifications. You can get a peek at the Hub from just about anywhere on the phone. BBM is a feature on the phone, and includes video chat, stickers and BBM Channels. Time Shift and Story Maker allows the BlackBerry user to show off pictures where everyone is smiling with open eyes. You can even stitch together a series of pictures and videos to form a story than can be uploaded to YouTube. The BlackBerry 10 Browser is still considered one of the best in the business. Instant Previews and Reply Now allows you to see SMS and BBM messages no matter where you are on your phone, and reply to them right away. And yes, a native FM radio comes out of the box.
The BlackBerry Z3 can be pre-ordered in Indonesia
source: Indosat, XL via Crackberry
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 387; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hey Alan, I think Indonesia's currency is Rupiah not Rupees.
3. Sauce (unregistered)
4. aksa123 (Posts: 217; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
It's rupiah. Rupee = india.
Rp 2.2 million is about US$ 200.
5. Sauce (unregistered)
Oh snap. Half awake right now. I read India instead of Indo. Sorry peeps.
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3319; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
John Chen -- BlackBerry should produce a secure version of Android that is open source. Team up with Cyanogen (buy them if you can) and make the best version of Android in the world. Otherwise there is no future for Blackberry. Once you have a compelling Android-based platform, sell value add services on top of it.
6. uchihakurtz (Posts: 254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
That's cheap, I hope it push BB10's sales
8. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Overpriced cheap junk
indons wont buy it. Theyre already 86'ing their bb in fwvor of android or ios anyway
11. MR-H- (Posts: 116; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
But there new BB will have 3GB RAM an ARM15 CPU.
26. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
How long has it been rumored? It won't materialize, trust me, there hadn't been any new rumors about it
44. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And because you think it won't materialize, Nik, makes it so? I'd love to see the look on your face when the phone actually does come out. Haters gonna hate, I guess.
14. Gamas_K (Posts: 61; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Overpriced you say? So dual core snapdragon 400 cpu, 1,5 GB of RAM, 5 inch qHD screen, 5 mp rear camera for US$200 is overpriced?
18. Zeeya (Posts: 208; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
android is the real junk, buddy.
BB10 for 189USD.. alone the OS has a value of 100USD :D
The best OS of all!
21. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Real junk my ass
Tell me which one has the larger slice of the pie? If you said blackberry you'd probably be lying
There really is no reason whatsoever to purchase a blackberry Phone now unless you're a long-standing blackberry user who's so accustomed to bb os that you're scared of the mere thought of the learning curve that android has
The sole reason why blackberry was such a hit back then when blackberry was still under the "research in motion" moniker was bbm, people were buying blackberry merely because they wanted to use bbm, and even so people had two phones usually, one was blackberry and the other was either an iphone or an android phone
But now that bbm is available to android-and-ios-toting people, well that's kind of blackberry shooting itself in the foot isn't it?
Now it's either iPhone or Android
23. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
You're wrong. There are many BB loyalist here who will be tempted to buy this. Stop stating claims that aren't actually true.
25. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
They're fanboys, thus, an exception. I was referring to the run-of-the-mill consumers
27. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
You could be mad to hear that 30% of the consumers are loyalist/fanboys that will not move brands as long as it's still relatively famous. BB is still quite famous here, so there is still people buying it.
43. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Nik, you're calling them fanboys, but what are YOU but an Android fanboy?
42. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Simply because you don't like something, doesn't make it junk. BB10 has more features than iOS and is just as robust as Android. The people who wish to buy a BB10 handset are those who want something different from the every day, run of the mill Android handset or iPhone. And the "sole reason" that people purchased a BlackBerry back then was because of BBM? And you speak for everyone? I doubt it. Have you ever even used a BB10 device before? I highly doubt it. If you did, you'd know how good it really is and wouldn't spew such nonsense. And yes, Android has a bigger slice of pie in the CONSUMER market, but in the ENTERPRISE market(y'know, the market where BlackBerry is focusing on), BlackBerry owns a commanding 61%. There are just too many governments(all seven of the G7 countries are BlackBerry customers) and too many companies in enterprise(of which BlackBerry has some 80,000 customers)that use BlackBerry today for them to be junk. And for the record, I've used ALL different types of devices running different OS's from Android to iPhone to WinPhone, and BlackBerry 10 is by far the best to me. When you write your junk about BlackBerry, as you often do, please make sure to write that this is just your opinion and that you are speaking from a place of ignorance.
56. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The fact that you don't have native youtube app
The fact that the you can't use the native maps app in satellite view
The fact that you have no instagram, and other popular apps (sideloading doesn't count because your average joe won't be doing it)
The fact that it lags once in a while (at least in my experience)
I can go on and on but there wouldn't be enough of space to write it all
57. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
1. You're lying. BB10 as no lag. That's as silly as iOS and WP users saying Kit Kat lags.
2. WP doesn't have a native YouTube app either. And they're getting along just fine with third party alternatives. So is BlackBerry. In fact, both have YouTube clients that are more functional than the official YouTube app.
3. BlackBerry has numerous third party alternatives that supersede official apps. So no, average consumers may not sideload, but they'll find more than capable alternatives.
4. You're just a troll. Why come to BlackBerry posts and spout the same old nonsense? Five years from now when PA is doing an article on how BB survived and became lucrative again, you'll be the dummy that BlackBerry supporters come here to make fun of. And I'll be the first in line.
5. Just give it up sister. You're not going to change anyone's mind. Not one bit. In fact, you sound a bit psychopathic and like a Neanderthal zealot now. Just. Stop.
58. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You don't need to sideload as you can now download Android apk's straight from the browser. My BB10 phones have 2 Android app stores on it besides the native BlackBerry World. But if side loading is someone's thing, you can side load "Snap" which gives you access to Google Play Store. There are also excellent 3rd party apps that give you access to apps like Instagram (iGrann) that have the same, if not more, features than Instagram itself. Who needs a "native" YouTube app when there are excellent 3rd party apps like "SuperTube" that do the same thing YouTube does. Lag?! Are you kidding me?! That's how I KNOW you haven't used A BB10 handset before. BB10 devices definitely DON'T lag. BB10 is on par (or better, in my opinion) with Android in terms of features, power and robustness. No other OS on the market can make that claim.
I can go on, but there wouldn't be enough space to write it all.
20. fireblade (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
overpriced? You don't see Samsung or Nokia X
24. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Samsung phones as well as nokia x aren't expensive by all means, they're not cheap either but at the very least, they don't cost an arm and leg as blackberries are back then when it was still seating in the throne of smartphone (at least in indon)
Can you recall how much did the blackberry z10 cost when it first came here? A hefty 7.5 million, then the price slumped to 4.5 million in a mere 5-month period
Only now that they're losing their markets i favor of android and ios that they don't charge an arm and leg anymore for their phones.
33. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Is there a reason you go to every BlackBerry post and troll? If you don't like it so much, why waste the time and energy to post negative comments?
Oh yeah... Because you're a troll.
46. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You're the only butthurt one here Nik, constantly trolling BlackBerry articles.
54. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
And there you have it... A TRUE TROLLS response. "Butthurt". That's all you can say. You can't defend yourself and say that you're not a troll, because you are indeed a troll.
So sad that this is how a grown woman occupies her time. You must be a 12yr old girl.
28. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3421; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Dude are you over 9000? This beauty just costs US equivalent $189.12.
32. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Have you ever used a BB10 device? I'm betting no. So calling it overpriced junk is nothing more than.your opinion, a misinformed opinion, but your opinion nonetheless.
As far as Indonesia dumping their BB's in favor of Android or iOS... That's false. Indonesia is one of BlackBerry's strongholds, that's Why they're launching this handset there.
38. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Oh ofc i have, and yes i do acknowledge that, at least i don't shove my opinions down your throat
Whether or not its misleading is a subjective matter as far as I'm concerned
False my ass, nearly all of my friends have jumped to another platform, isn't that enough of a proof? , of 30 people that i know who had a blackberry Phone only 3 are still using it now
47. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
So all you know is 30 people and you think that accounts for all of BlackBerry's users? Lmao! You really are a butthurt hater of BlackBerry.
52. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And yes, Nik, you do attempt to shove your opinions down everyone's throat. You and Apiskula come on every BlackBerry article and spew your nonsense, constantly speaking from positions of ignorance. No one cares that you don't personally like BlackBerry. If you feel that strongly against them, why bother even opening up a BlackBerry article? I'll tell you why: because you're a troll.
55. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
No. Its not proof enough. 27 people "you know who switched" is about the size of an atom in the grand scheme of things. You really enjoy over-inflating your self worth don't you?
"Look everyone, out of 100 people I know, 99 of them have switched to BlackBerry from Android, iOS & WP".
36. eldyagustius (Posts: 145; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
I think Chen had done the right step to make Blackberry survived. I'm pretty sure much of the Indonesians will buy this phone because it's much cheaper than the other smartphones in this price range, such G Pro Lite, Xperia L, M, overpriced Oppo R831 (with 512 MB RAM), or even the HTC Desire 300 (with 512 MB RAM). From my point of view, this phone has a great design and shape. And if I want to install the Android apps, I could sideload the apk on it.
45. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Overpriced cheap junk, you say Nik? And how many cheap, crappy Android phones are flooding the market as we speak?
9. Zeeya (Posts: 208; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
2,190,000 Rupees => 189 USD => 136 € => 112 GBP => 203 AUD => 208 CAD => 11.400 INR => 695 AED => 2015 ZAR
10. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I think it's a good bargain.
It's already sold out in one of the online sites.
Blackberry should've released this phone 1 year ago - to compete with the Lumia 520. I think it's a bit too late. But at least, the more option the better..
19. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Elevenia. It's currently out of stock.
34. eldyagustius (Posts: 145; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
different price anyway.. lumia 520 is still the best low price smartphone rather than android smartphone in its class..
39. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Couldn't agree more, the lumia 520 has no lags or stutterings whatsoever, its as smooth as an iphone, compared to its android counterparts
13. fireblade (Posts: 708; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Take that Samsung & LG! This is what sub $200 phone should be.
I hope there are more and more apps for BB coming to BB
15. NotAGeek (Posts: 158; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Here in indonesia this phone costs only 50$ more than nokia x,with much better specs,and BB10 can run android apss too.This phone will sell like hotcakes
22. refillable (Posts: 641; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
TBH, this is a smart move. 2200k is surely going to attract BB loyalist here.
29. osaFromJava (Posts: 34; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This phone is not overpriced,, but you have to know that average salary of Indonesian people is 2.000.000 rupiahs per months!.
30. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
And yet our govt wants to impose luxury taxes on smartphones
31. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
They know it will not sell in the US. Get yourself a much better phone and forget this junk
40. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Why do i feel like I've seen your username once
50. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
You feel like you've seen it once because it's probably from your other account, Nik.
41. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3421; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Every morning you wake up hoping for a good day. But sometimes life's hard, you get stumbled, get bullied and what not. And at the end of the day you butthurt trolls come here and take out your frustrations here bashing. For you guys getalife.com
48. ablopez (Posts: 161; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
I agree. I don't know why this guy comments on every BB article and says the exact same thing each time.
I don't know what annoys me more: this guy, or the guys who respond with "Butthurt?", or "You mad bro?" These responses really don't make any sense and don't add to the conversation one bit. Copout responses when they can't come up with anything else I guess.
49. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
And you call this phone junk because you've used it before? Or any BB10 handset for that matter? Nope! Stop speaking from a place ignorance. It only makes you look small and simple.
59. kartikeyarathi8 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Okay.... All said n done when is this handset going to launch India ? Will blackberry continue to slower than tortoise when it comes to marketing and product launches ? Had been BB loyalist for 5yrs but gave up bcz of this slow paced attitude of the company. Wake up BB!