Possible screen shots from LG G3 emerge
Now, a site in the Netherlands claims to have taken possession of two screen shots of the LG flagship, each providing a crisp image at Quad HD resolution. Unfortunately, there is not much else that can be gleaned from the purported shots, but they are undeniably LG.
If the LG G3 does come forth with its expected Quad HD panel, it will arguably give the device a one-up on other banner bearing smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S5. Hopefully, we will not have to wait too much longer. It is rumored that the LG G3 will be available starting in May, so hopefully that means we will see a formal introduction in a next few weeks.
Meanwhile, we will add these screen shots to our stack of LG G3 news and pass along any other news we pick up along the way.
LG G3 Screenshots Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
LG G3 Screenshots
4. fzacek (Posts: 1220; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
How can you tell? The aspect ratio would be the same no matter what size it is.
2. fzacek (Posts: 1220; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I really hope that they ditch the unattractive custom skin this year and go completely vanilla Android.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LG tried so hard to make a Touchwiz UI and failed miserably.
31. zachattack (Posts: 533; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
That's a joke right? Touch wiz is ugly and LG made a much less cluttered/attractive OS compared. Troll
34. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LG's UI is a terrible rip off of TouchWiz and looks completely terrible, especially the notification center. It should be illegal to be that bad at copying.
37. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
its not a joke. LG's UI is too ugly compare to touchwiz UI as i own a note 3. LG is just a weak immitation of samsung. and original is always better than immitation. :))
46. Edward_bly (Posts: 183; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I wonder what would happen if Samsung and LG merged...
25. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
You can get pretty close to vanilla android without a skin if you want to but that would be boring. LG got it right by putting the user in control of the experience.
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 331; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Is the S805 enough for 2.5k honestly. It might support it but will we get market leading gaming performance.
Maybe they will finally unveil the Odin SoC
20. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2098; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
The Snap 800 handles 2560x1600 on tablets with no problem. The Snap 805 will do an even better job of handling 2560x1440..
41. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
42. UglyFrank (Posts: 331; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Tablets can take better advantage of an SoC than smartphones,
5. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 815; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I don't care if it does have a QHD screen (Although I will not be upset if it does have one), so long as it is as ergo-friendly as the G2 and offers the amazing battery life and performance that the G2 had in comparison to other 2013 flagships. I haven't enjoyed any other phone nearly as much as my G2, and I have had plenty for the sake of comparison. I just wish it felt and looked more premium, much like the OG did.
6. MarkArigayo (Posts: 239; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Truly, looks so wonderful. IPS-LCD display always one step ahead, much better than the over-saturated ones.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2644; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
AMOLED displays are far better than any LCDs
26. JMartin22 (Posts: 712; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It's true, the technology is only a few years old and it goes head to head with the most cutting-edge LCDs (which have had decades of refinement) - the overall potential of AMOLED is just better. From a color reproduction, viewing experience and battery efficiency standpoint.
29. Jishnusur (Posts: 62; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Don't be jealous. I know you own a SAMOLED! Chill..
38. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
im agree with that sir. far better than IPS screen :))
40. BellAmi (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
Actually those numbers are Indian numbers and are used in Arabic countries now instesad of the original Arabic Numbers which are 1234...etc numbers and yeah those numbers are taken from Arabs.
9. jan25 (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
QHD is unnecessary and likely to effect performance and battery life. They need to focus on the phone's design and their software.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Especially software. QHD is going to be a battery hog, but then again the S805 is probably going to be 20-40% more efficient than the 800 so it should balance out.
30. Jishnusur (Posts: 62; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
As If LG Told you QHD will be a battery hog. I'm sure you might have said the said before 1080P Devices came..
35. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Re-read the sentence, especially after the word hog.
14. Tizen007 (Posts: 492; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
One thing for sure they are not going to let us down when it comes to battery tech. LG's lithium - ion batteries are ranked top in the world.
15. Tizen007 (Posts: 492; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Plus it will hopefully mount a true 8 core processor so the device should be much more efficient than G2's quad core
18. Tizen007 (Posts: 492; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I have no idea whether they are copying Sam or not but it seems to me that they are doing a much better job :)
21. Edward_bly (Posts: 183; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Its not copying, its innovation. Meaning making it better than what it was before.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7354; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Hold on there bud. You can't throw the 'I' word around so loosely. QHD is going to be the norm for devices releasing in late Q2 and beyond so I don't see anything that screams innovation about it.
Just my $0.02.
27. Edward_bly (Posts: 183; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I was talking about Samsung in general.
24. roobs (Posts: 50; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Copying and improving is all what advancement is all about.
19. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
Enough, no more Qhd news. Just want to see one in action.
28. AfterShock (Posts: 2106; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Wow, that looks good.. Even on my N5.
For myself, I prefer LCD period.
Stay the course LG!
32. Taters (Posts: 2584; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This phone is going to be sweet if the 5.5 inch rumour is false. 5.2 tops and preferably 5 would make me bite. Of course it needs to be smaller than all the other flagships.
39. iTechies (Posts: 81; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
LG is just a weak copy of samsung. and original is always better than immitation :))
45. Edward_bly (Posts: 183; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Hmm...not always, just look at the G2 vs S4 people say it was a copy.