Police Chief calls users of iPhone speed monitoring app cowards
1. Arielnyc2006 (unregistered)
Whats more cowardly is using a highway as a revenue stream.
6. TheCellDepotVZW (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
And I agree 100% to that statement!!!
2. lennydude (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Jun 2009)
Agreed.......... The best thing about radar traps is the cops get a chance to eat their donuts while supposedly working but actually just sitting doing nothing.
3. Quemical (Posts: 162; Member since: 14 Jul 2009)
Whats cowardly is allowing your traffic stops to be affected by a cell phone app. Bwahahaha
4. VSS_55 (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
whats more cowardly is complaining about it when they get new gadgets to stop/fine people all the time for anything they can. it's just a modern version of the headlight flash... It's not really news though....
5. TheCellDepotVZW (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Whats sad is apple users are just now getting into all of this speed trap stuff... I have had the app for this for atleast 4 months now on my Storm... This is stupid... Use them or dont use them... If you dont get a ticket then good the app is working... I think is better to use the app and know that people are actually slowing down instead of doing 80-100 all of the time. If they do get a ticket its their fault. I dont know about this app for the Apple products, but Trapster lets you input where new spots are that police sit and such to expand the range of the application so it works even better, I hope the apple app does that too... if not that would suck!
8. michael95gt (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
Yeah, Trapster is the name of the iPhone app as well, and yes you can input new speed traps. I've found it to be pretty accurate in my area. Several of my friends have it on their BB's as well.
7. LAFN (Posts: 45; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
I thought most Iphone owners drove Prius's. Can't speed in them anyway. :-)
9. michael95gt (Posts: 38; Member since: 19 Jul 2009)
Sorry,but not all. Much modified Mustang GT driver here, and it's in one of the cops favorite colors; Red. LOL
10. msjazz79 (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Jul 2009)
So............what he really is saying is that he's mad that his boys won't be able to make quota......hmmm interesting
12. Dood (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
You see, I thought cops where just keeping the road safe. You'll notice that you don't get pulled over if you don't speed. I just think it's funny how people start driving 10 miles UNDER the speed limit when they see a cop. lol.