Patent suggests swappable Windows Phone accessories
We're not too sure how this could all work in a consumer device, and we're not even sure that Microsoft is a company that could market such a device, given its history with hardware. But, it's certainly interesting. You guys have any ideas for practical uses?
source: USPTO via BGR
1. ledbetterp3 posted on 27 Sep 2011, 23:10 0
hey thats a good idea for phone manufacturers for android lol, they should of thought of this first... btw i wonder what those other interchangeable parts are, like the one that looks like it has a piece of film on it, or the one with the picture of a battery on it?
6. kainy posted on 28 Sep 2011, 00:52 1
That with the film is second display, and the one with the battery ... is additional battery :)
2. Austin AC (unregistered) posted on 27 Sep 2011, 23:26 1
Reminds me of the LG Versa on Verizon from like two years ago.
3. tuminatr posted on 27 Sep 2011, 23:34 1
except done much better, the versa had a detachable leather case that had a keyboard in it, it was poor quality and high price or it felt that way to me
4. Thump3rDX17 posted on 27 Sep 2011, 23:40 0
if i'm not impressed with ICS i'll hold out hopes that a Windows Phone with this design comes to Verizon even if it's not 4G but maybe there'll be a 4G module. how cool would that be?
15. Cinnamon posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:27 0
Are you dumb? I meant the accessory not the phone because in a big house like mine I can lose things easily...
16. Thump3rDX17 posted on 28 Sep 2011, 21:36 0
it's just as easy to lose the phone is what he's saying, phones like the HP Veer would be much easier to lose and you'd have to pay much more money to replace it.
10. snowgator posted on 28 Sep 2011, 08:17 1
Windows Phones continue to try to put the whole package together. This is a fantastic idea.
11. downphoenix posted on 28 Sep 2011, 13:41 2
Apple, hope you are taking notes, this is innovation.
13. CellularNinja posted on 28 Sep 2011, 16:03 0
sounds like a good idea to me! WindowsPhone/XboxPortable!