Nokia targets businesses with new Lumia 1520 ad
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2098; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Dammit!!! Only if it came with a AMOLED, Or OLED screen... :-( .. This would've been in my pants right now.
7. galahad (Posts: 26; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
i doubt you would buy even it is OLED. I like LCD for its natural color though.
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2098; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Why wouldn't I buy it? I own the 1020, the 1520 screen colors, seem a little wash out,(IMHO) but that's coz I'm use to AMOLED display.. 930 might be next phone.....might
2. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
And lack of all those banking apps makes it an ideal phone for business customers.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3850; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Not every banks do apps.
Its true that wp not have many banking apps but don't worry time will come and you will see.
Anyway go Nokia.
8. Ahmadovich (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
Ps. Do you comment on GSMArena?
22. Ahmadovich (Posts: 43; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
That's why! :) Know me I am Ahmadovich there too. :) I renamed to Sylvesterovich now. ;)
5. sgodsell (Posts: 2658; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I love how they show in the video what looks to be miracast. Which currently is only in WP 8.1. Not to mention only a few WP devices currently can support miracast.
9. elitewolverine (Posts: 4157; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
You are about as bright as well, rust.
It is not miracast, it is something you can use on any device that has internet access.
Nokia beamer, when you post in wp articles bashing them all the time, it's best to actually know the product you are trying to bash.
Also the ad is old, it has been out since 1520 debut so about 5 months old. In other words we have had 'miracast' functionality for that long
12. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
The article that PA once posted about WP not having enough bank apps was true. But true only to the extent of the US. Most of the other big banks around the world have bought their apps to WP. So without knowing about the entire world, don't comment crap.
13. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Your name itself says you'll not willing to accept an explanation but here it goes....
I am in UK and here I don't have Amex and HDFC both of which I have account with. Also, I had Halifax account and I tried their WP app and it was really awful and slow.
Now learn some manners before pretending like a douchebag.
15. elitewolverine (Posts: 4157; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
And how is their websites, I wonder if the banking apps are more powerful than desktop websites.
4. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 942; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
I got chase, wells fargo, and bank of America... Even my credit union is about to release a WP app... It's a good thing WP does NOT lack a fast and secure web browser.
10. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
What makes you specifically say other OSes lack a 'fast and secure' web browser ?
6. Liveitup (Posts: 1798; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP has many bank apps , besides WP 8.1 soon to be released OS will have the unique ability to have Live Websites on your phone. Pin your bank or whatever you're into and you're good to go.
11. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That live website does look very interesting but even after its introduction it will be years before all the website actually start fine tuning their sites for such a feature.
Also, its very strange how none of the well-known website ever reported on this feature.
17. elitewolverine (Posts: 4157; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Because it is not something that websites have to code for it is part of internet explorer 11 coming to windows phone.
The websites build their site, and ie11 handles the rest. I can already pin websites to my home screen, I have my bank website, works flawlessly. It is not a live tile however.
16. vijaysivakula (Posts: 199; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
I dont find an app for Axis bank and that is the only reason i am not getting one already.
19. elitewolverine (Posts: 4157; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I take it using the website is out of the question? Or do people with desktops use axis bank app...
20. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1304; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
So use PageOnce. It's better than some native banking apps.
23. Eddyp (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
My N8 could tell me who is calling as long as the person is in my phonebook, my lumia 1520 can't. can someone tell me why?