Nokia Lumia 920 takes the cake in camera comparison vs BlackBerry Z10 vs Galaxy S III vs iPhone 5 vs Nexus 4
More popular slideshows
10 great Android widgets you should try
09 Apr 2013, 08:08
Samsung Galaxy S4: 10 exclusive or little-known features review
05 Apr 2013, 07:17
Best Android phones to get this spring
17 Apr 2013, 09:48
5 smartphone apps banned by... Google
16 Apr 2013, 07:24
Samsung Galaxy S 4 hands-on
14 Mar 2013, 18:32
Google+ surpasses Twitter to take number 2 social network after Facebook
28 Jan 2013, 00:58
1. emadshiny posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:34 7 19
where is Xperia Z??
it must be included as well
8. drpain posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:51 11 8
It's about on par with the GSIII, which is disappointing considering the GSIII came out about 8 months ago.
9. emadshiny posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:54 2 1
maybe, but the way pictures are put beside each other in this comparison will show the differences better.
30. MrJerry posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:47 4 12
P1. L920 > IP5 > GS3
P2. L920 > Z10 >GS3
P3. L920 > IP5 >GS3
P4. GS3 > L920 >IP5
Bring your Xperia Z and I will tell you
31. jlp34876 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:51 1 2
look at the large image taken by s3 at gizmodo website you will notice alot of noise on her face at image 4.
18. abdane posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:19 5 21
GS3 is still the oldest, and still best camera on day-time !
24. emadshiny posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:38 21 5
you need to visit your doctor first.
Lumia is the best here.
46. iushnt posted on 19 Feb 2013, 08:11 1 8
But gs3 better on day time..
33. Nathan_ingx posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:02 10 3
Sorry sir, but by your comment i can tell you that you don't know much about photography. I take it that you comment just because you're a fan of Samsung.
Coming to the point, the level of contrast on the photo taken by the 920 is the most distinct...and Z10's was the worst.
920 triumphs on all the 4 comparisons.
57. MC1123 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:04 0 1
actually Z10 isnt the worst always! look at the 2nd photo, its not the worst! nexus 4 is the worst there!
all phones have its strengths and weaknesses!
59. Nathan_ingx posted on 20 Feb 2013, 01:49 0 0
Was talking about the outdoor comparison actually...
12. tashreef posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:02 12 1
can imagine what Nokia EOS is upto!!.... PA what you got to compare Nokia EOS with ? A DSLR may be... :P
47. RiseAgainst94 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 08:32 6 0
Lowest I've seen an iPhone on a comparison, but the flash performance and portrait photo are miserable.
GSIII low light needs serious work, Lumia is best Iphone in second.
58. MC1123 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 18:05 2 0
they should include 808 PV!!! it will put them into dust!
2. Wiki_jaan posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:34 5 25
its may also b edited like nokia did with fake video
11. raunak posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:57 13 2
the video was fake, but the actual results from 920 are pretty close to that. if it wasnt for that reflection in van, everyone wouldhv thought that it was from 920. have you seen that toy car video?
23. MrJerry posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:37 1 5
I belive this
Even though I don't like Nokia but L920 camera is one of the best
I can tell because I am selling this device
But as we all know...the other parts are not as good as its camera
37. MrJerry posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:17 3 7
I meant the other parts are not good enough..dosen't mean they are bad
First, its design is not user friendly and it is even heavy!
Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely OK with that but those are not favorite factors to Girls and Women and Boys..You may not disagree if I say GS3(Slim, Light) has much better design for Normal people who actually all the companies are targeting for
I just take GS3 as an example because many people here think GS3 is ugly...
Second, it dosen't have "featuers"
Many people here think those are just gimmicks and useless. Please "OPEN YOUR EYES". Even if you use it once a month or a year, it's still better than nothing and many people think so too as well as it is much easier to sell
Lastly, MS OS is yet far behind than iOS and Android.
I am positive that since many people like MS OS for their Laptops and Desktops(Including me), it's matter of time for MS OS to catch up the others..but at the moment it is bad.
The bad news for Nokia is that MS will want Sammy and the others to be their main manufacturer for their sake in the future(You don't actually think Nokia should be the main company for WP forever, do you?)
Then I don't really see Nokia will hold its top position in WP
41. DFranch posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:41 9 2
First, you say heavy, I say it diesn't need a case. My brothers iPhone 4s with a case os as big and heavy as my 920, except he has a 3.5 inch screen and I have a 4.5 inch screen.
Second, you say it has no features, care to elaborate? What features is it missing?
Lastly, I'll admit Android is probably ahead of WP8 in several ways, but to say iOS is ahead of WP8 is just ignorant. iOS is nothing but an app launcher. They started the revolution, but since then really havent evolved much at all.
Any while I'd love to see Samsung step up to the plate with a good WP8 phone (I used to own a Focus S), All they seem interested in doing is recycling android phones into WP8 phones and taking forever to make it to market.
44. jlp34876 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:50 0 0
If samsung will release a good wp8 device it will compete with their flagship android device, I think samsung should focus on android.
50. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:19 1 0
@jlp The ATIV S is essentially a reskinned US-spec Galaxy S3 with less RAM.
45. Emily1985 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:56 6 3
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but I'm pretty sure most people would agree with me that Lumia 920 looks better then s3.
Nokia weighs more, it is a disadvantage but he also built much better than the s3 which is a great advantage (you do not need to put a protective cover)
The OS is fast and beautiful but lacks a few improvements(Center notifications and the ability to close applications more easily), but the OS is far from "bad".
49. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:16 3 0
Look at the original article. They used "auto" settings for all shots, no edits.
3. windroid posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:38 8 0
Completely (not) in line with Phonearena in-house camera comparison.
Just as I stated in their review the Lumia 920 probably hadn't the portico update that dealt with some image issue with lumia 920.
4. nazyr1803 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:47 0 0
im sorry if i make a mistake but the third photo, the cloud position is different. doesn't it make the pictures different because of the sun light?
10. faisolbauuz posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:55 1 0
What do you expect from 299$ device ? The camera and the performance is more than enough on that price range
6. jecs920 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:49 2 0
Nokia Lumia 920 win the camera comparison against galaxy siii, iPhone 5, nexus 4, and z10. Sony xperia z 13mp camera is a disappointed.
7. santaclaus posted on 19 Feb 2013, 05:49 0 0
did the result contradict with PhoneArena's comparison result? so which is the real winner?
13. pyradark posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:05 3 0
there is a camera comparison of phonearena where lumia 920 is on the same league as sony z!! and now this sample pics show how lumia 920 is great!!
more comparison pls. i believe its 920 vs. xperia Z
16. Retro-touch posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:11 0 0
I find it strange how the photos for Nexus 4 on the last one has a strange hue, never seen that in any scenario on mine
19. kaliil10 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:24 5 2
Nokia Lumia 920 the king of smartphones in every aspect, except apps wich Android and ios leads.
52. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:22 1 0
Apps are less necessary when you have Internet Explorer built-in :)
20. jlp34876 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:25 0 0
Lol at PA's comparison by Nict T. Lumia 920 never mention in the conclusion while in Gizmodo lumia 920 just nailed it.
21. MrJerry posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:27 3 0
In my opinion
Lumia920 > GS3=IP5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the others
22. kclgphilsbsa posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:33 2 1
GS3 won on the last picture for me.. no muddy shades and the details of the face and hair are too lively! very crisp.. and i actually prefer gs3 photo with the 3rd picture maybe bcoz there is no light rays that helped it to get the details.. 2nd picture goes for s3, lumia and z10..
just laugh at s3 on the 1st picture haha
27. jlp34876 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:40 0 2
look at the large image taken by s3 at gizmodo website you will notice alot of noise on her face.
36. kclgphilsbsa posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:16 2 0
so u took me on gizmodo that said that s3 won with that girl haha
40. jlp34876 posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:36 0 0
but you just said its very crisp and lively. well if thats what you think about crisp then i dont complain anymore.
43. maccess posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:46 1 0
at least it's crisper than other images..
28. surethom posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:40 2 1
Lumia wins most of the tests, better colour, lets hope the HTC One will be as good???
29. lubba posted on 19 Feb 2013, 06:46 7 0
As tech specialists and enthusiasts, phagarena has not updated the Lumia 920 to portico? They even dared to use the old software in a faceoff. But for what!? So to make Nokia look bad or pureview look bad? And here we have the Lumia 920 in first place according to Gizmodo. I respect phonearena, but they hire cronies for staff.
34. No_Nonsense posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:08 0 0
Boom, portico wasn't available for all devices at that time I reckon.
32. davidtb posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:00 0 0
Thanks for the article
It's nice having a good phone camera, and it's a consideration. It not the prime consideration, however. All things being relatively equal, (as far as getting contract vendors to cough up physical components) Better software improvements would help out all of the contenders? Right, maybe?
39. DerryAhmad posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:29 1 0
The Nokia Lumia 920 is definitely the stand out here. Even if it was arguably on par with the other flagships in other categories, its low light performance is unbeatable with any smartphone at the moment.
The real surprise here is the Z10. It took some pretty decent pictures!
42. rutul666 (unregistered) posted on 19 Feb 2013, 07:45 1 0
Lumia 920 WINSSSS!!!! BTW, who's the chick????
54. -box- posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:34 0 0
Read the original Gizmodo article. She's one of their marketing people
51. papss posted on 19 Feb 2013, 09:20 1 0
Just shows how little PA cares for the Nokia.. The last article was complete garbage that they did on the comparo