New Nokia Lumia 530 "Rock" to succeed the Lumia 525?
According to @evleaks, there’s a mysterious Nokia Lumia 530 (apparently codenamed Nokia Rock) in the making. The handset's model number strongly suggests that it's related to the Lumia 520 and Lumia 525. Since both the 520 and 525 are low-end, cheap devices, we’re expecting the Lumia 530 to have similar characteristics, perhaps featuring a display of around 4 inches.
As you may have heard, Nokia is reportedly also readying the launch of a Lumia 630 / 635, plus an alleged high-end Lumia 930. All these upcoming handsets will most likely run Windows Phone 8.1, which should be released by Microsoft in April.
While the Lumia 630 already appeared in a few images, for now the Lumia 530 and Lumia 930 remain elusive. What we can assume, though, is that - like the 630 - the Lumia 530 and 930 will have on-screen buttons (since Windows Phone 8.1 now supports this).
1. akki20892 (Posts: 3403; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
So that mean 530 will rocks around the world. Woohoo. Little champ.
4. timukh (Posts: 162; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
It will if it sports a flash and a front camera without changing the price.
7. sprockkets (Posts: 1159; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I thought the 530 came out and the only change is the RAM.
9. timukh (Posts: 162; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
That was the 525 and the only increment was the updated RAM.
20. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
nah, no flash eventually.
then on lumia 630 there is flash,. pay more to get more simple as that
22. akki20892 (Posts: 3403; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Don't worry you will see specs upgrade and same price as 520 or even lower price.
Elop mentioned that our device will upgrades more in space n features and will put lower n lower prices.
8. afegit (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Nokia sick of people calling their phones "bricks", because Nokia phones clearly aren't bricks - they are more like "Rocks", which are heavier and bulkier than bricks.
10. timukh (Posts: 162; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Yeah and the rest of the handset makers are like so perfect..
13. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
and the rest of them are slim and light weight so people like you with puny hands can hold it easily without breaking your bones..
18. sswain (Posts: 48; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
LMFAO. only 2 plate? do you even lift?
To be a man and use nokia phone, you must at least be able to bench 3 plate, squat 3 plate and deadlift 4 plate. fkn casual lol.
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1139; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
bench two 20kg plates on each side? pffffffffftt
17. buggerrer (Posts: 285; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Totally agree even though I have only owned Nokia Phones "Rocks" is great way to describe them. If someone mentioned "rock phone" for instance, who wouldn't think of Nokia? I know I certainly would...
12. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Ze 530 will continue Sale of ze glourious 520 in ze glorious nation of fartmestan. I never saw anyone with a new nokia or htc and I once saw an xperia z and a g2 .. the last time was a month ago I saw a poor guy with a yellow maybe asha with a qwerty .. wannabe brands no one wants other than really poor people or old guys grieving the good old days #NumbersDontLie
14. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
wow..ze rich 13thKing of lala land is here..ze mighty one i beg you to go outside from ze glorious dungeon and view ze world with an open mind..
25. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Me then is buy is glorious nokia?
23. trustory (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
What will happen when they reach 595? lmao
2. aayupanday (Posts: 516; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Snapdragon 400 will help this one battle against the Bestselling Moto G.
3. Killua (Posts: 269; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
525 hasn't even released in my country, yet we already have it's successor. It's good news for me, since I meant to replace my 520. I'm still not interested to buy a flagship WP, yet.
6. timezone (Posts: 80; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
T-Mobile pick up the high end Nokia. Otherwise Jump is not a great deal.
24. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 747; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Jump is not a great deal either way... It's just insurance with a fancier name.
11. supratik1993 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
Snapdragon 400, 1 gb of ram atleast 540*960 display, with flash.... And this rock will be a star....
15. danjun220 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Hope that this price is the same as the 525. In Windows OS even budget phones dont lag unlike android budget phones.
19. alumoyo (Posts: 153; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
When are we getting updates to the 8XX line? that one seems to be forgotten.