How Graphic RAM helps the LG G2 add 10% battery life on a single charge
Graphic RAM (GRAM) replaces the constant communications between the display panel and the GPU when the screen is static by adding a memory cache, which displays the same image over and over and over again. When both the CPU and GPU both realize that nothing is changing, a screen capture is made and displayed. This allows parts of the SoC to shutdown, saving battery life and energy.
This is all happening incredibly fast, as you can imagine. The bottom line is a 10% increase in battery life. There are sure to be times when you will be grateful for every extra second of usage you have thanks to GRAM, before your phone shuts down.
3. MrKoles (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Of yourse, everybody will! This is a great idea to save some battery life.
4. MrKoles (Posts: 363; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I ´m happy that LG has now independent techniques and not stealing everything from other brands.
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 978; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Do you work for LG? Because I personally don't care if any companies steals a technology aslong as I'm buying a phone with the best features and battery life, us customers will have all the benefits.
14. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Wrong. The more there are thieves around, the less will there be R&D made, and the worse will the products sold to customers be.
8. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
This technology is from 2011 with the introduction of embedded display port 1,3, this is absolutely not new, however it is new in phones so I will give it to LG, but this is not LG technology however LG is the first to put it in phones.
9. rd_nest (Posts: 1390; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Yea, it's an implementation of PSR technology.
Good for LG..
6. Charlie_boy (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
This could be a main-stay on future device.. and all the more NOT to use live wallpapers!
17. Charlie_boy (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
thumbs up to you grammar guy! or is it vocabulary...
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3655; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Great, GRAM works when everything is static.
12. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 103; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
In PR LG says that G2 is still comfortable to hold in one hand. I don't believe them, but GRAM is really great (if It boosts battery life on average use).
13. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
im waiting for the shock roof water proof version of G2.
im calling it , THE GSHOCK... oh wait...
15. juandante (Posts: 460; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
I thought this was a technology dating from the first LCD screen on the market... Shocked to see that this was not implemented in phones until today ? Nice move tough
16. Igneel (Posts: 19; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Someone need to implement translective LCD on phones. That'll surely save more battery!