Hot Tablet Coming? Picture of alleged HTC One slate is spotted
The difference between the HTC One Max and the tablet is in the corners, which are a little more squared off on the slab. One estimate of the screen size has it measured between 8 and 10 inches. The HTC One Max is expected to offer a 5.9 inch glass.
HTC's previous stint in the tablet market probably brings back scary and miserable memories to HTC CEO Peter Chou, but Headache Tablets Cure pain.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
UPDATE: Thanks to one of our loyal readers, we now know that this tablet is actually a tablet called the Ramos K1 Quad Core which comes with a 7.85 inch screen, quad-core A31s processor, 1GB RAM and 16GB of native storage, dual cameras and a 5500mAh battery for $159.90.
21. sharks (Posts: 212; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
It actually looks really good - kinda like a next-gen iPad mini with its aluminium highlights at the top and bottom, but enhanced with the front stereo sound speakers.
41. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
How could PA put this like news. LOL, HTC One BS is dead meat, and Alan must learn to live with that.
"THe HTC One has been the most successful HTC handset in years from both a critical and sales standpoint."
Yeah, "critical" who? The menial iMedia?
What "sales standpoint." ? Alan show us the numbers. :)
2. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This is what I've been waiting for, HTC TABLET!
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1050; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I think it's a Photoshop. It looks too much like someone took an iPad and pasted the top and bottom on there.
19. Commentator (Posts: 3363; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Of course it's photoshopped, why is this even an article?
If that's a full sized tablet, those speaker-holes would be absolutely huge, as would the front-facing camera. Whoever put this together didn't even think to shrink these down?
26. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Zoom IN the picture, you can see a person capturing this pic !
38. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1050; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yes and your point being...? Someone can take a picture of an iPad and then photoshop the top and bottom onto it to make it look real. They just tried to make it look like someone was actually taking a picture of the device so as to make it seem realistic when it\'s not.
45. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Thats real Tablet, But not HTC made. copied the "ONE" design cues.
29. maherk (Posts: 2815; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
True that. Plus look at the front facing camera placement, in the 1st picture the camera is a bit more far from the bezel than it does in the second picture.
31. Commentator (Posts: 3363; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
They took the top of the HTC One (not the Max) reversed it, eliminated the light sensors, and extended the edges horizontally.
If you look at the picture of the HTC One Max the speaker holes remain the same size as the speaker holes on the One, and there's a LOT more of them due to the larger size. That means there would be WAY more speaker holes on an HTC tablet than are shown in this pic.
39. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
The glare in the corner has to be photoshopped, it\'s way too conveniently right on where the Ramos brand logo would be. Also if you edit the photo to clean it little, there are still traces/smudges size and shape fitting to that logo. It has to be the Ramos K1.
40. Commentator (Posts: 3363; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Good catch. It's hard to see directly, but if you look at that corner at a different angle (I turned my laptop screen up a bit) you can definitely see that some text has been blurred out.
37. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Remember the HTC Jetstream? Probably not since they charged $700 and never provided those unfortunate buyers even 1 software update.
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1477; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
ug the HTC one is so ugly that grill makes it think its all gangsta
22. Geezy03 (Posts: 43; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
Funny considering its won the most design awards of 2013
42. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
The worst tech design EVER. Check iFixit.
By the way how many "design awards of 2013" you said?
44. Commentator (Posts: 3363; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Because all designs are graded on how easily you can fix something yourself.
Just ask the guys at Ferrari and Lamborghini who design the worst cars in the world because they are so hard to fix.
4. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
thats just look terrible , that design looks good on phones but on tablets it looks horrible
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10206; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It looks disproportionate. It's more wide than it is in length.
27. Topcat488 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yeah and it has absolutely no side bezel!?! FAKE.
43. Long1 (banned) (Posts: 399; Member since: 18 May 2013)
That's the dark glass over the bezels.
But this is photoshop, and Alan F,, knows it very well.
5. chistoefurpuffer (Posts: 140; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Ew oh god, that thing is actually quite ugly. Clearly the One design doesn't fit tablet standards.
7. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 562; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
WTF. No, please! Your HTC One design doesn't fit the tablet design unlike Sony's Omnibalance design and the Samsung's "Designed for Humans" design.
8. BigBoss10 (Posts: 263; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
what this S H I T HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D
10. lekeola (banned) (Posts: 43; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I will only buy if its running window 8.1, plus 10hrs of ba3
9. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Front facing high end speakers on a tablet sounds awesome
11. Fuego84 (Posts: 335; Member since: 13 May 2012)
The tablet doesn't look that bad maybe it could look a lot better in black.
15. domen151 (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
I doubt it\'s real. The front camera hole is way too big.
16. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
that looks abysmal!!! the one is beautiful that is horrible, not to mention i have no clue why OEMs are putting fixed buttons on tablets now! My nexus 7 with soft keys is the only way to do it...
20. ar2730 (Posts: 42; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I just hope it comes with an stylus for note taking. I love my HTC One and would love to trade in my Samsung Note 10.1 for a HTC One Tab.
23. zig8100 (Posts: 214; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I don't think they will go back to a 4:3 ratio over a 16:9. Looks fake.
24. rukkaset (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
It\'s probably this:
28. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
If this is a real pic I\'d be a little disappointed. They could make it alot better design wise.
30. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I don't know.. personally I think it looks better than the phone!
36. Tuxedo (Posts: 321; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Don't forget the uSD card reader. Thanks
46. Jillxz (Posts: 148; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Looks long and lean. Too narrow. Not an attractive device.