Here's how Apple announced the iPhone throughout the years
The iPhone has evolved a lot over the years. The iPhone 3G got 3G speeds and GPS.
The iPhone 3GS added a huge boost in speed, so much that it’s still relevant and you can play most games on the App Store on it. It also got multitasking which many craved for.
The iPhone 4 received a gorgeous redesign and a camera that put it on top of Flickr’s list of most popular cameras.
The iPhone 4S seemed like a more incremental update, adding in an even better, this time 8-megapixel camera and Siri, Apple’s take on intelligent voice assistance.
All of those were announced at events packed with people and tons of excitement, and what better time to look back at all the iPhone keynotes than now, hours before the iPhone 5 arrives?
Apple iPhone announcements throughout the years
1. Apple iPhone announcement
2. Apple iPhone 3G announced by Steve Jobs
3. Phil Schiller debuts the iPhone 3GS
4. Steve Jobs announces the iPhone 4
5. Apple iPhone 4S keynote
1. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
What is Tim Cook wearing today? There should be an article guessing his attire , how many steps he would be walking during entire presentation etc etc .... :)
7. ajac09 (Posts: 1361; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
When he shows the new iphone he will pull it out his butt and it will most likely be on vibrate.
9. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
I personally don't care much about the phone, presentation, or whatever junk they'll try to foist upon potential buyers.
I am really really hoping a horde of lawyers from Samsung and HTC (and anyone else, really, the more the merrier) storm the building and stage with reams of cease and desist orders and lawsuits for patent infringement and false advertisement and anything else that can be brought against them.
That would be delightful.
10. -box- (Posts: 3737; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
That'd be one way to bring attention to apple's blatant abuses. It'd probably make the "news of the year" clips easily
11. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Also good: the audience starts a chant or call out the flaws or failures of the new device.
Or they throw their shoes at the presenter.
I can pleasantly imagine a chorus of "apple $ucks" interrupting the presentations.
2. Nookie4u (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
We'll see we'll see... too bad, by 4 hours from now, I'll be sleeping ):
4. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
heads up android fans of phonearena...
THERE WILL BE TONS OF APPLE ARTICLES TODAY...
i'm bracing myself for the "Dead Horse Beating" of comments about how
the new iPhone is...
yet this site is the BEST place in my opinion to get news about phones/tablets and communicate with other users...
12. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iCouldn't agree more: "BEST place" (even though, they can be just a wittle biAsed at times).
6. PAPINYC (Posts: 2237; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Any excuse to bring back the iDead. Btw, I would like to see an article on the necessary steps Apple must take to take down (albeit temporarily) the Apple Store at the lazt minute before an announcement especially when they've had more than a year to plan for the announcement???
13. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
While I am not particularly excited for the iPhone 5, I do love the way these guys present their devices. Their presentations do warrant a watch.
14. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The presentations are nice and the phones are to, that doesn't mean i have to prefer idevices over android
15. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
If I were Apple, I would have prepared a Keynote with the presenter being a digital hologram of Steve Jobs presenting the iPhone 5...
17. alan_1230 (Posts: 72; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
after watching all these videos i would be disappointed jumping from a iPhone to a iPhone 3G and iPhone 3gs lollll