HTC M8 aka One 2 gets its WiFi certification, will sport fast dual-band wireless
1. aayupanday (Posts: 518; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Hope that atleast has Snapdragon 805 & not the 800.
21. vandroid (Posts: 279; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
They're going to have something better whether it's not UltraPixel or an upgraded UltraPixel
22. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ultrapixel is nice idea, but HTC kinda screw it with 4 megapixels. I'm more S4/S5 fan than One/M8, but I'm really waiting for both and the fight will be intresting.
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hope it will have the improved Ultrapixel camera and not the same 4 Ultrapixel camera again.
3. QuadFace (Posts: 62; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I want to see Adreno 400 series on this one.
4. Dowson (unregistered)
Please no more gimmik camera crap. 20mp is the start line now.
7. eli577 (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
I want to see more creative phone names. Last year: One X, this year: One, next year: One 2....and in 2015: One 2 Three
Oh come on, seriously? One 2?
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2693; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And I think they'll continue this till ten or more ... ;) Hahaha
One 2 Three 4 Five 6 Seven 8 Nine 10 and so on...
14. Thehamster (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
It's just the tech media that came up with One 2. HTC hasn't revealed what is gong to be called yet...
10. kamrosh (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Sep 2013)
seems this is the real fall for HTC... no much upgrade on hardware. using HTC phones since 2008 ..dont know what next.
12. Hyperreal (Posts: 130; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
common htc one is still the most smooth non-pure android phone even on s600. People stop only looking at the specs.
15. hurrycanger (Posts: 1190; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The raw power is just as or even more important than the smoothness on the home screen and app drawer. Flagship phones are meant to smoke graphically intense games, too, and having a smooth UI won't ever help if you get an no improvement in specs.
16. Hyperreal (Posts: 130; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
yeah I know what you mean and I'd love to see snap805 on this phone but honestly there is no game to slow down the 800 and I prefer a smooth UI with slightly worse soc than laggy UI with a better soc.
24. The_Tech_Geek (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
ROFLMAO. You are at best only half right. You can have the best hardware money can buy but if your code is not efficient it will always lag. You should look up a term: Compiler. After you research what that is and how it works come back and talk to me.
JIT is not just a marketing term. I love how you talk about the CPU and refer to the graphic when the cpu only does at best 10% or the graphics load and the andrino chip does the bulk of it. If you want to talk about graphical performance refer to that chip so that you sound slightly informed.
13. byazatt (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
snap dragon 800 and 4MP ultra pixel equals 2013 which means no mojo.
19. PointMaza (Posts: 60; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I think HTC Double One Sounds better then HTC One Two..
20. sswain (Posts: 49; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Its gonna be called "HTC One" nothing will change only the production year.
HTC One 2014.
23. The_Tech_Geek (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
To all of you that are complaining about the ultrapixel camera I have one question. Have you ever actually used it? I have been using mine since day one. Now it isn't a DSLR but it is way better than any phone camera I have ever used. The low lighting images are superb especially after the last update that removed the graininess of those images. The color reproduction is great too. I have been posting picture to my Photobucket, instagram, and my personal blog to great review.
So in closing the ultrapixel is a great idea and works well in practice. I do hope they upgrade it, cant hurt to have an 8 ultrapixel camera.
One more thing an ultrapixel has 4 times that aperture of a normal mega pixel. Which allows it to take in 4 times the light. If you know anything about cameras that is very important. The more light you get the better the image quality. So one megapixel is not equal to one ultrapixel. It is more like one ultrapixel is equal to 4 megapixels.