Google Voice Actions now available in select European languages
2. henk-jan (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 14:16 0
And what about dutch?
3. Goldeneye posted on 17 Sep 2011, 14:04 0
The article says "select" languages and it looks to me that Google is going with the most important first, be patient
4. blackcherry (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 15:28 0
sounds pretty nice, but what abt speaking one of these languages but writing a sms in another one? do you have to install each language then or will the program be smart enough to do what u want?
5. MichaelHeller posted on 18 Sep 2011, 00:43 1
Since the language recognition is actually done in the cloud, I'd assume the one app would work for all languages, but I haven't tested that theory because I'm a useless American who can't speak any other languages.
6. protozeloz posted on 18 Sep 2011, 09:57 0
I LOLed, well I tried and depends on so many things, if you are using the voice commands to completely do the message then you gonna need to use the same language, if you are on your keyboard then the language at the bottom on the space bar (add more languages on the settings) its going to make the typing on that language, if you use keyboards like swifkey that accept various languages then it recognizes both, I personally just decided to use vlingo for Spanish and Google voice for English commands and system default.
already plan on submitting an idea where people say certain keyword for for the system on their servers to understand one is a command in English and the other is a message in Spanish
my idea is quite simple:
1.press voice command key
2. say command on default language "like send text to"
3. ask for a language changes with words like "text in Spanish"
4. say your Spanish message
system just need to check for a keyword to understand the next couple of words are in Spanish
7. protozeloz posted on 18 Sep 2011, 11:57 0
Edit : seems to be working when I use Spanish as text but some words might come in English