Gingerbread update for the Motorola DROID 2 Global is now available for download
Of course, you can obviously wait for that nifty notification to pop up on your handset asking your permission to download and install it, but if you haven’t seen it yet and itching badly for it, you can always initiate the good old manual process instead. Even though it might take some time to download the 103MB update, which brings the OS to version 4.5.600, it packs along some exciting new stuff on top of the traditional things you expect with Gingerbread.
Now that the trifecta is complete, as promised by Verizon, there’s plenty of Gingerbread love to go around with these devices. So what else are you waiting for at this point?
1. Vzwemp06 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 09:08 0 0
Well i tried initiating the download myself and still nothing
2. jay (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 09:23 0 0
Yeah, same here. Wonder if it's just for certain people right now.
3. Kay (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 09:35 0 0
It's being pushed out to handsets in phases, so you may not see the notification for another day or two.
4. derrick droid (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 09:43 0 0
Is this also the update for the Droid 2?
5. idaman12000 posted on 15 Jun 2011, 10:04 1 0
thnx for the news flash. i did my update to 2.3 on my droid 2 global and love the new features that it brings.
6. How To? (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 11:32 0 0
how do you initiate it?
7. iguanad (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 11:44 0 0
settings - about phone - system updates
8. How To? (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 15:18 0 0
Tried that and it said no new update so I guess it may not be out there for all yet.
9. rlm (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 16:31 1 0
So, please tell me why the Droid 2 Global gets Gingerbread before Droid 2 which came out first? Updates and come entirely too slow.
10. mr. droid posted on 15 Jun 2011, 18:31 0 1
higher resolution screen, 1.2gHz processor, and its global ready.
I am pissed because a rep at verizon told me that it would also be for the droid x2, which it is NOT! I am NOT a happy camper. anyone want to trade a droid 2 global or droid for a droid x2?
12. D2GFTW (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 02:29 2 0
Um... D2 and D2G has same screen resolution... :)
13. Thump3rDX17 posted on 16 Jun 2011, 03:38 0 0
all of those different specs should have kept the update from coming longer than on the Droid 2 because the Droid 2 is practically the same phone as the Droid X and it's had Gingerbread nearly a month now and hold your horses on that Droid X2, it's taking longer to update because it's getting the newest version of Blur past what you've seen on the Original X, 2, Global & Pro. you can take a look at on the leaked videos of the Droid 3, videos of the Photon 4G for Sprint and the leaked photos of the Droid Bionic to get an idea of what you're getting.
11. IWANTGINGERBREAD (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 23:54 0 0
i want gingerbread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14. Joe (unregistered) posted on 17 Jun 2011, 02:50 0 0
The real question is if the Droid 2 global will ever receive the combination of gingerbread and honeycomb called ice cream sandwich sometime within the third quarter