Galaxy S5 Prime with QHD display coming in mid-June as a direct competitor to the LG G3
1. mistercarter (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
so what happens with those 10 million S5 sold to date?! Samsung you doing just too much...
6. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 381; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Samsung is the biggest troll company ever. Buy the Xperia Z2 instead and stay happy for all eternity.
15. tech2 (Posts: 1787; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So Samsung is troll for releasing a better phone 3 months later (which is still a rumour, BTW) but one remains 'eternally happy' when Sony releases its another flagship every 6 months ?
Not to mention the heating problems and non-carrier prices that it comes with.
20. rihel_95 (Posts: 199; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
lg g3 video teaser is released in youtube.
34. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Just buy a nexus and be happy ever after
43. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6141; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm quite happy with my Z1. another thing SONY doesn't want to make a deal put the Z2 on every carrier. I think some people should of waited not buying the water resistant GS V. and should wait for the PREMIUM version. Like i say always best to wait don't go out n rush to buy a new phone.
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5461; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S5 PRIME (SM-G906K)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 running at 2.5Ghz
- Qualcomm Adreno 420 GPU
- 5.2" 2560 x 1440 display
- 3GB RAM
- 16 MP camera, 2MP front-facing camera
- 32GB of storage
23. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
with ugly design ??? I had hands-on s5 , grand 2 looks better than s5 lol
29. wilsong17 (Posts: 738; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Because you fan boys only criticize plastic and designed. . Real man buy whatever you like
36. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
lol dumbest comment ever. when you pay 700+ bucks you critizise plastic and design.. but you '' real man'' buy garbage
9. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
samsung caters phones for everyone, not just geeks who cries when a new phone becomes release a few months later.
Millions of people are happy to keep their S5 for another year or 2, dont make it sound like everyone who bought the S5 are geeks who only want the best phones with the best spec.
49. bh974 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Well don't be surprised when Samsung has moved on to their new flasgship & it receives zero support 2 yrs from now.
They only made the prime because they got so much flak for not being able to make the transisition to a metal flasgship. Samsung's GS5 was merely a stop-gap until the Prime arrived.
What a shaddy company. They deined rumors that a metal clad S5 was in the works instead of confirming it & simply let consumers deicde which they would prefer & wait for.
Samsung took the consumer's money & laughed in their face. I suppose they need some way to recoup the cash they have to pay Apple.
10. Cicero (Posts: 209; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
So what's happening with all other smartphone users (you name the brand) all five to six months later from their acquisition. Cycle of life especially in tech business.
17. Genza (Posts: 94; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
You don't need to worry about that because those 10 million is only device shipments from unofficial source.
And even if the estimates are true, it does not mean that all the phones went to their actual or future customers.
26. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Samsung is just showing plain greediness..Its like if LG comes out with snapdragon 900 right now (just saying) just after releasing the s5 prime they will quickly release s5 prime + 4gb ram 1tb hdd> These guys dont care. People need to stop purchasing those crappy samsung cheap looking plastic phones honestly get something thats really worth your money and stop letting those companies take over your minds.
33. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Cry moar, I don't even know what you're trying to prove.
41. PK1983 (Posts: 164; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
S5 Prime Neo or some other stupid version that will release in a few additional months. Better specs than the S5, slightly lower specs than the S5 Prime, but because it is newer costs more money than all of them.
39. Armchair_Commentator (Posts: 48; Member since: 08 May 2014)
Don't worry they can skip this one and get the Galaxy s5 ULTRA prime.
48. drunkenjay (Posts: 58; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
with a $880 usd price tag why would people be mad? you paid for a phone that's 200 dollars cheaper. plus why would you frown upon samsung when other phone companies are bringing out their phones around june?
people who should be mad are the people who are buying the xperia z2 which came out on may and the z3 is coming out in a few months as well.
2. BattleBrat (Posts: 1038; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I still dont get what the appeal is for LG phones, (then again I dont get what the appeal is for Samsung phones is either, except for the note 3 ;-) ) it is just meh plastic, with meh software. Sammy at least has solid cameras now, the LG G2 got slaughtered in the photo comparison, even by the M8! The M8 has everything but the camera, the Z2 has the camera, and a tough elegant design, the S5, a great camera and screen. What the hell does LG have going for it?!?
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
i like LG design and camera, but the Ui is horrible, especially the combination of that blue colour in menu and settings.
27. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
You know, if you get your facts straight you may appear intelligent.
50. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2105; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What facts? He stated an opinion. Perhaps you need to get your facts straight about what a fact is because you don't sound intelligent at all.
3. techperson211 (Posts: 445; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Waiting for g3 but still sticking with my z1 compact. Gonna wait for z2 compact or z3 before updating my phone.
32. JunitoNH (Posts: 840; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
+1 $800 for a phone, I hope it can transform to a remote control plane or something, for the price. People have the nerves to complain about Apple.
5. skyline88 (Posts: 286; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
the S5 (international version) is currently selling at 630 USD in my country, with Note 3 (LTE 32GB) at 600 USD and S4 (3G 16GB) at 430 USD.
880 USD is the price of two S4, just crazy!
8. Gamas_K (Posts: 60; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
samsung price in korea are slightly more expensive than other country
16. j.khan95 (Posts: 32; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
In india s5 is already selling around 800$. :(
14. JMartin22 (Posts: 713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
If you have an S5, just be happy with it. I'm pretty sure this Prime variant is just a beta test dummy for utilizing a QHD
AMOLED panels, I'm sure there will be power efficiency issues with it first-hand until they're ironed out more thoroughly in the Galaxy S6.
Also, the GS5P is ARMv7 architecture on it's last leg. The S6 is going to feature the same huge generational leap in computing processing that the 5S did, running the more powerful and energy efficient ARMv8 architecture with Cortex-A57 cores that are many times more powerful than Cortex-A15 with similar energy consumption, in addition with the more energy conservative A53 cores.
18. Tizen007 (Posts: 493; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
For the people who are thinking the S5 Prime will come with a change in its design, it likely will only be a slight if not no change to the design so don't get your hopes too high and please don't troll when it comes out.
19. GreekGeek (Posts: 382; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Spec wh()ring at its finest...... Samsung, OPPO and LG needs to provide some scientific explanation and convince the public that Quad HD's on 5 inch plus screens can indeed deliver crisper details barring pixel peeping.....
This handset is obviously a money grab.
The pissing contest continues.....
21. moorjani (Posts: 10; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
The major problem with QHD devices is gonna be the brightness level.....
31. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
LG already announced their new display will be just as bright as their FHD due to new technique. I assume Samsung can handle it just as well. Other companies may have to use worse displays to keep price down.
24. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 40; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
You are saying that the lg g3 will come with the latest snapdragon chipset you are wrong it will come with snapdragon 805, the latest one are 810 and 808....
28. wargreymon (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
808 and 810 aren't available until next year. So 805 is the latest.
25. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 40; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
Will the g3 come with fingerprint scanner ??
35. teerex42 (Posts: 133; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Bring it Sammy. . This is why I waited... can't wait. The best smart phone maker period!
37. jimbo1mcm (Posts: 23; Member since: 07 May 2014)
LG vs Samsung is better than the "thrilla from Manila!!"
38. jcj5884 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Mar 2014)
And if my memory serves correct, I thought Samsung said there wasn't going to be an "S5 Prime". And now... S5 Prime everywhere!!
42. zachattack (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
If the G3 doesn't come with a 5mp front cam then they are both crap devices with crap back facing speakers
45. Lboogey6 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
so we should say..."if the m8 doesn't come with a bigger battery and a much better camera and less bezel take that crap back"
44. Lboogey6 (Posts: 264; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
this is fine and dandy but will it come to america... well correction multiple countries
46. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Well lets see here... LG has been making the fastest androids for quite some time now. It doesn't matter if Samsung releases something with the same specs. An LG vs a Samsung with same specs... LG will win in speed by quite a margin. Its all about OS optimization, which is something Samsung sucks at. Then there is Nokia, who finally get the specs and they keep the camera. Even the quad 2.2 GHz processor on the Lumia icon ran circles around s5 in Benchmark tests on more reliable sites. (not this one. This site only looks at specs. Not performance. IPhone has a dual core 1.2 GHz and 1 GB of ram, but since it doesn't run on a vm, it can keep up with phones that have twice the power on paper. All about OS optimization.)
47. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
And there really isn't too much of a difference between the earlier 2.5 GHz snapdragons and the 805. The only difference is supported network bands, supported camera mp count, and a few more things. Other than that, they are the same speed as before.