Finding the .com button on iOS 7
Well, here is the good news. Even though you might not see it on the keyboard, the .com button is still available along with a number of other extensions. And all you need to do to get to them is long press the period button. That will call up commonly used extensions like .edu, .org, .us, .net and .com.
So that's it. There is no need to call Apple crying over your missing .com button, because guess what, it never left at all.
1. xtroid2k (Posts: 503; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I wouldn't be suprised if the was a heavy call driver into apple genious bar or whatever it is. the world is full of Idiots
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 14523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet works on the iPhone too. iOS 7 just keeps getting better.
3. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
+1 ios 7 and thirty party apps optimised for it look great. Apple just needs to send out iOS 7.0.3 and iOS 7.1 quickly to fix all the bugs. On my iPad 4 there's a serious persistent bug in settings where it takes 40 seconds to set a wallpaper! (Seriously! What is wrong with them!?) other than that it works just fine.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 14523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
+1 ouch. Haven't experienced that one yet. My only issue is an occasional lag when I pinch to go home.
14. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
That's ok. It had to be that way because the animations in ios 7 are different.
4. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 206; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
"getting better" lol this phrase always conjurers the image that it wasn't good to start with, as I know this is not the case, it's still funny IMO.
5. Shinydesert (Posts: 61; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
You are totally right. I don't even see myself jailbreaking my ip5.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9692; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm still dissatisfied with iOS 7. Until all the bugs and slowdowns get worked out, I'll give it another go.
By the sound of it, it's working great for you!
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Honestly Smurf no major issues dude, occasionally I'll get a little lag when going home but that's it. Great overhaul though.
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"iPhone 5s Web Browsing Lag - Android Vs iOS 7"
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9692; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is exactly what I meant by slowdowns in iOS 7. Even running the 64-bit processor, and on top of that Safari is optimized for it, it still has scrolling issues and lag. Apple needs to send those updates because it shouldn't be happening to begin with... Period.
23. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
The best gets better ... as someone said few posts above this one.
8. one81one81 (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Wow this is revolutionary features and breaking news!
9. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Seems like they are doing something right.
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3389; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nice, atleast they didn't removed it...
16. Topcat488 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Yeah, but they removed the dvd disc player from their imac, no wonder those sales are down as pc sales climb. Back to the mac vs pc ads i guess.
22. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Oh, but every company will now justify that CDs are archaic and obsolete; the cloud and downloads are the future!
Sadly, not many countries have a standardized, reliable high-speed internet connection. They should wait like 3-5 more years.
21. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Also, by pressing the up arrow you will capitalize the next letter you type.
Seriously, will the next article be about "The next iPads will not come in space gray after all - it's charcoal gray"?