Facebook v1.7 for Android sports a new look and supports Honeycomb
For starters, the most significant change is the new design found with it. Specifically, we now find easy to access buttons to post something, upload an image, or simply check-in to a location directly from within the news feeds. Moreover, we also find redesigns to the profile view as well. Besides the new look of the app, it also packs some updated privacy controls as well to better give the user control over what they want to share.
Finally, Honeycomb tablet users will be especially glad to find the app available to them once again now that it supports the platform – even though if the app itself doesn’t really offer a tablet-friendly experience
The full lists of new features include the following:
- Made it easier to share with who you want
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Fixes and tweaks:
- Improved photo browsing with swiping
- Added the ability to tag your friends in photos
- Improved Messages and Notifications
- Fixed a number of crashes and performance issues
source: Android Market via Mobileburn
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5371; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
testing it now.... wonder if it will beat friendcaster
11. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I think it screws over FriendCaster Pro's push notifications. I stopped getting them once I installed the new FB app.
2. nelsonl21 (Posts: 18; Member since: 17 Jul 2011)
They messed up on 2.3 and no good word for 3.2. I'll keep FriendCaster for good.
3. rcy189 (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Jun 2011)
Just updated mine. I like how the new look is more integrated with the actual website, your profile looks a lot cleaner on the app now. A lot of new customizations for posting status updates that I haven't used yet, but I'm sure some people will like it and some won't.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 10306; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Can u add favorites and unfriend like on iOS?
9. rcy189 (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Jun 2011)
No, but I'm guessing they're working on incorporating that for Android in the near future.
4. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
looks exactly like iphone version now. Droid Incredible 2.2
6. BLikens1619 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Apr 2008)
Updated my FB app and it doesn't want to open then freezes on a white screen, new update please.
7. cheetah2k (Posts: 772; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Facebook with Honeycomb support!! About Fekking time Zuckerberg!
8. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I certainly hope that they fix the notifications. Right now, they are intermittent and the volume of the notification is on max all the time. The volume does not use the notification volume setting.
I'm going to try it on my Eee Pad first to make sure it works properly. I don't want it to screw up my FB app on my phone. I have an older version on my phone that works and I have been wary of updating it due to all of the negative comments I have seen.
10. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I had some difficulty with FB on the Eee Pad. It worked initially. Then when I went back, I get the white screen. I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it and it appears to be working now. I also upgraded my phone as well and it seems to be working.
12. AndroidLvr (unregistered)
I use both both friendcaster and the fb app because the fb app doesn't let you copy and paste like friendcaster does. If FB added copy and paste to there app then i would completely delete friendcaster.