Facebook forcing employees to use Android to improve app
1. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well android users could end up moving to G+ witch has a better app....
5. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Unfortunately, that's not how it goes with social networks. If your friends are on FB, you use FB. The apps don't really matter.
8. dickwyn (Posts: 594; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah i agree Google Plus has a fresh look but the problem is not much people use it compared to facebook
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5375; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
yeah but having a sucky experience migrates lots of people from one social network to another... it killed myspace
13. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
that's an overall bad experience, not a bad experience on one platform.
14. CellularNinja (Posts: 302; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
In some cases yes, but I have friends on both, but basically ignored Google+ because there wasn't much point. But when this site was saying how great the Google+ app was I have literally switched to primarily G+ because it really is a better experience.
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 1735; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Remember 'My Space' and how popular it was before facebook came along? I find a lot of interesting stuff on G+ and the more you use it the better it seams. It's nice not having to worry about pokes and negative drama spewing into my feeds. I haven't gone back to fb since changing over to G+.
2. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
iOS users download the new Facebook app for ios devices. It's much improved, and mega fast.
9. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Just tried it out. Awesome improvement. maybe I will continue to enjoy facebook a little bit longer now....
3. downphoenix (Posts: 2317; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Yea, it is pretty sad. Its almost better just to get on the mobile Facebook site than to waste the space on the app.
4. shnibz (Posts: 155; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Thank God!!! Downphoenix is right because the app suuuuuucks
6. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Android should get the same treatment as iOS gets with updates and everything, I am myself an iOS user. I feel like both are up to par and should be released, not later down the road.
10. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it seems that android facebook app will never be par compare to iOS version if facebook wont force its employees so that it will see the flaws for themselves...
better buy a low/mid range device so that you will surely see them!!!
11. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
iOS has done native! android is next priority ...
15. JGuinan007 (Posts: 633; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Isn't Google+ way better than FaceBook anyway why would Android user adopt FaceBook anyway especially if FaceBook has to be forced to make for Android
16. AnotherOne (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I dont see why everyone complains , the app has never crashed on me & works as it's supposed too . (Im on a galaxy nexus)
19. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
the app always crash if u use mid or low end phone
18. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
It's about time they did something to improve the app, it needs a lot of work!
20. bloodline (Posts: 691; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
The android app is terrible, Friendcaster does a better job IMO but I am not a fan of the UI of that app.
The android could actually be significantly better than the IOS version due to the larger screens sizes and jelly bean style.
I like the fact facebook are intent on improving their android app
25. Stuntman (Posts: 715; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Facebook purposely downgrades posts from FriendCaster and also prevents FriendCaster from seeing all posts from all of my FB contacts. This is the only reason I am not using FriendCaster regularly. They should just unblock posts and not downgrade FriendCaster and tell everyone to use FriendCaster.
21. TylerGrunter (Posts: 905; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I really hope they improve it, cause right now it's a battery sucker! It's the application that is always on top of the battery usage: and that's even if I don't open it!
22. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I don't understand how you can "force" a person to use an Android phone. It would be like "forcing" a dog to chew on a bone, like "forcing" Winnie the pooh to eat honey, like "forcing" Usain Bolt to run fast.
You don't "force" a person to use an Android phone. A person chooses to use an Android phone naively, given he\she is given the opportunity to do so.
23. shuaibhere (Posts: 1428; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
If facebook concentrates on android then i will switch to fb.......
still i use fb sometime in pc......
24. fewwords (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
all i can say is new android app must also be good tablet UI for facebook