Can Lenovo/Motorola (Lenovorola?) challenge Samsung's Android dominance?
1. Derekjeter (Posts: 901; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I hope they do bring better build phones than Samsung.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have a Note 3 and couldn't ask for more. Perfect phone.
6. nokia12 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
no Lenovo can't ..
there is only 1 thing in this world that can beat Samsung
Nokia + Android...
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't think so. Nokia fanbase < Samsung's fanbase
12. nokia12 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
majority Samsung fans are long time ex-Nokia fans( excluding USA ) but they settled for Samsung because there was no android on it..
they have been asking android on nokia for 5 years now but they never got it.. so they settled with Samsung..
the day they see a true nokia + android they Will leave Samsung in a heart beat.. imagine a lumia 1520,1020 with Android... compare it with Samsung note 3 .. imagine if lumia 520 came with android what a destructive phone it could have been.. it sold 9 million units in windows phone 8 which most people don't even like..
14. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
you are swinging same hopeless Boomerang that blackberry fans were before bb10.
keeping hoping.... even if it comes true, nokia install android on its phones.
which we all know they wont.
it will not make nokia any more successful company let alone beat samsung. samsung is like AIDs. they make these ugly devices for cheap price that everyone buys.
also once a year they make good devices. (flagships)
16. Commentator (Posts: 3692; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yeah, that's how AIDS works, alright... It's cheap and everyone gets it...
17. nokia12 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
what does blackberry has to do with it here..? blackberry never launched Android.. bb10 was great but it was very very late and when it came it didn't come with large amount of apps and came at a super high price tag...
both HTC and blackberry problem has been with pricing they charge more than Samsung why would anyone buy it ? nokia in its prime was never famous in USA , but around the world it was dominant by a long margin.. so Americans don't relate with nokia well..
33. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
What does Nokia have to do with it... They NEVER launched Android either, pot calling the kettle black! Most Samsung fan base are NOT EX-Nokia Fans... And now that NOKIA belongs to M$ they never will be IMO, at least not ME. Nokia sucks now dude. Bring Normandy and see.
31. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
No.... Samsung make ugly devices for expensive price.
Look at entry-mid range phones from Samsung. They are overpriced.
24. giri.1131 (Posts: 22; Member since: 21 Feb 2012)
I have a note 3 bro. . its the best phone right now which fulfills all requirements of mine. . Name one alternative to the note 3 ??
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Certainly not the HTC One Max. LG G Pro 2 is probably the closest thing to rival the N3, much like the G2 rivaled the S4.
26. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
They already do , the K900 is made of f*cking stainless steel
2. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2071; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
There's simple answer to this question, NO!
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
As much as I want to say yes, everyone knows that's going to be impossible.
Can't wait until my Moto X arrives in the mail! Countdown four days!
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have an extra promo code to anyone who wants it. Just let me know. :)
32. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 173; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
Wow. I love to have it. But it's expensive for me even with the promo code.
7. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2062; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
samoogle,lenovorola,...what the HELL is happening!?..
11. Commentator (Posts: 3692; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I prefer Molenovotorola, but that's just me...
9. Mr_Awesome (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
Well Moto its been fun. You will be missed
10. snowgator (Posts: 3586; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
No, as things stand Lenovo cannot"challenge" Samsung. But they do not need to for this to work. It is an interesting move and these two companies compliment each other well, at least on paper. The more fascinating question for me is what does this move mean for Samsung and it's relationship with Google, as well as as Sammy plans for both Tizen and future Windows Phones.
34. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Samsung is doing it the right way, by making hardware for all OS's possible... they're working in Android, Tizen, Windows, etc, and not limiting themselves to just 1 Operating System... That means JOBS, JOBS, JOBS, everybody is getting a job from Samsung, even here in the USofA. Go Sammy Go.
13. amirxd (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Lenovorola, Lemotovo, Motolenvo, Motovorola or Lentorola!!!
15. navi13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
..yeah..i can see much clearer now the benefits of being a lenovorola, on both sides of the planet...well, come what may, i still am, and would probably be, a motofanatic for a longer years to come..if not forever.
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think they can if they do it well, cuz Samsung is not gonna stay on the top forever. Release a Lenovorola phone with high end specs and storage expansion (Lenovo high end phones don't have storage expansion which is disappointing) and you can challenge Samsung. Good luck, Lenovo and Motorola!
Btw, Lenovorola is a awesome name.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Can Lenovo/Motorola (Lenovorola?) challenge Samsung's Android dominance?"
Does Lenovo/Motorola has own OS to challenge Android dominance???
29. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
MAN !!! when are you guys ever gonna learn that NO COMPANY stays on top forever. SAM-GOOL / GOOL-SUNG. Please ya'll sound rediciouls.
Stop holding the toilet paper on the ready to wipe that Android A$$ everytime some company challenges them.
Their so many other platforms poised to take off in the Linux community. (Tizen & Ubuntu)
LENOVOROLA is a good fit for competition lets see what they do with it.
I'm still pulling for Micro & Nokia though.
30. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I would like to see Lenovo make Motorola a big success so much so that it would over take samsung in the Smartphone and tablet market.