Brazilian paper says Apple is about to get the iPhone name back in the country
According to the largest newspaper in Brazil, Folha de São Paulo, both sides have apparently reached a settlement that will give Apple the right to use the iPhone name in Brazil. Saturday's edition of the daily said that both Apple and INPI had reached a "pacific agreement," which probably means that the Brazilian company has won the lottery. When Apple reached an agreement with Chinese firm Proview for the rights to the iPad name on the mainland, it had to fork over $60 million for the name.
1. fanboy1974 posted on 09 Mar 2013, 22:31 9 4
Does it really matter? From the company that bought you iPhone 3g, 3gs, 4, 4S, 5 and the soon to be 5s. Real innovation Apple!!!
3. darkkjedii posted on 09 Mar 2013, 23:48 4 14
What have you innovated other than whining about apple?
11. weinerslav posted on 10 Mar 2013, 12:05 4 0
what have you innovated besides defending apple and bad mouthing the rest?
14. Droiddoes posted on 10 Mar 2013, 14:31 0 0
Continually setting the bar higher for iDrone iDiocy?
17. darkkjedii posted on 10 Mar 2013, 19:22 0 0
You can talk all the anti apple crap you want, but this is one techie you will never be able to shut up. Good luck in trying though Mr. Does. You think androiders can say whatever they want and iOS'ers have to just sit there and take it, then when they//we fire back we're fanboys. Well try it with me all you want, but I'm gonna get back at you homie...trust that. Where I'm from you don't back down, so come with it.
21. Paximos posted on 11 Mar 2013, 20:45 0 0
16. darkkjedii posted on 10 Mar 2013, 19:16 0 0
what have you innovated besides defending android and bad mouthing the rest?
18. No_Nonsense posted on 10 Mar 2013, 23:26 0 0
I normally don't agree with you, but this time I will. There are some real good Android fans on this site, who make comments a pleasure the rest of the Android guys are real pathetic.
20. donfem posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:21 0 0
And by the rest, do you mean "iphone'?
2. MartianMe posted on 09 Mar 2013, 22:48 16 2
Well at least people know who came up with the name first....that way apple cannot say that they invent everything.
4. Paximos posted on 09 Mar 2013, 23:57 0 5
I guess now that they caved in and are getting $$ for the name, they will call their phone "iFart"
5. -box- posted on 10 Mar 2013, 00:33 4 4
If true, hope the local company got enough for all their employees to retire
6. skymitch89 posted on 10 Mar 2013, 00:37 0 2
Apple should get the "iPhone" name while INPI should get "IPhone"/"IPHONE"/"iphone".
10. therealestmc posted on 10 Mar 2013, 07:21 0 0
Sure, they will each get a $5 itunes gift card.
8. yajia1 posted on 10 Mar 2013, 04:26 0 0
Good for them. Good riddance. A lot of people puke when they hear iphone anyways. And to think cash came along with that!
12. InspectorGadget80 posted on 10 Mar 2013, 12:08 1 0
FCk with this. Apple will do anything too pay for not paying a FINE or settlement
13. Droiddoes posted on 10 Mar 2013, 13:39 0 0
Dude, you're looking at it all wrong. apple is spending all their money on patents, lawsuits, and buying rights to names they did NOT come up with (LMFAO at their products NAMES not even being original) instead of actually making new novelty trinkets.
They're just screwing themselves, damaging their reputation, wasting money, looking like assh*les and driving their stock price into the ground.
Every day they lose more and more ground to Android and Nokia. There time will come, i look at them as living in the final days of the Roman Empire.
15. bigstrudel posted on 10 Mar 2013, 17:22 0 0
Amazing world we live in. Someone gets to retire and live the rest of his/her life comfortably just by reserving a six letter word before someone else did.
19. donfem posted on 11 Mar 2013, 13:21 0 0
The silent and unsaid word is "money" changed hands.