Apple iPhone 4S users say iOS 6.1.1 causes battery drain
battery life has been awful and the handset has been running hot. One iPhone 4S user reports that his battery life has dropped since the update from 7 hours to 5 hours while another reports that battery life on his iPhone 4S has dropped to 4 hours since the update. At least the connectivity issues seem to be repaired!
Besides the initial problems that were discovered with iOS 6.1 for the Apple iPhone 4S, other bugs have been discovered with the OS build such as the inability for users to sync with Microsoft's Exchange email service, and another that allows anyone to break into your Apple iPhone even if locked using a passcode. So we should see another update to take care of those problems with iOS 6.1 and the new battery issues that have sprung up on iOS 6.1.1. Apple is said to be aware of the problems which is at least one step in the right direction. Stay tuned!
source: AppleSupportCommunities, Wired via CNET
1. rusticguy posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:18 11 2
Lol. Good 4.8 inch is postponed. myxtyxpyx is pretty happy and proud that Apple is still not able to fix drain issue every since it started to play catch up with android :)
2. lee480 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:22 6 5
lol. I'm better off with the reliable updates, Sony provides.
7. rusticguy posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:37 3 1
Sony's last update on many devices hosed camera.
15. Mxyzptlk posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:48 2 5
Except when Apple updates something, everyone gets it. When they announce it, we know when we are going to get it.
25. lolioslol (banned) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:21 3 1
Fascinating. Someone can announce they will kick me in the balls in three days, doesn't mean I want it!
29. PapaSmurf posted on 15 Feb 2013, 13:26 3 0
What's the point of getting an update if you're not able to get all of the features that comes with it?
iPhone 4 users are using Maps without flyover, and Apple's biggest selling point of their iPhones, Siri.
List 5 "updates" the iPhone 4 got that are actually usable when updating to iOS 6.
37. iushnt posted on 15 Feb 2013, 20:51 0 0
None.. This is one thing that makes me not to prefer apple..
30. tedkord posted on 15 Feb 2013, 14:05 1 0
Awesome! Everybody gets the new bugs! Proud day for your parents.
33. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Feb 2013, 15:53 0 0
lol every "update" you get on your last gen iPhone makes it nearly unusable. But hey whatever rocks your socks man.
34. rusticguy posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:22 0 0
That's true with every company. Samsung announces and people get it, Sony announces and people get it. Aaah don't remind me of SJ RANT as that's gone with the wind ... don't view OS as a
Company when you talk Android :)
41. Berzerk000 posted on 16 Feb 2013, 13:37 0 0
But you never get everything. Features get stripped off the further back you go in generations.
3. andro. posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:22 13 1
6.1 destroyed 3g and WiFi and now 6.1.1 destroys battery. Apple iPhone,the pinnacle of technology. Apple are probably hoping half of the affected iPhone 4s users just give in and go out and cough another 600 bucks for an iPhone 5!
4. p5yb0rg (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:29 19 1
I've used an iPhone for 2 days and returned it. iOS is pure garbage.. The learning curve on it is next to none and the UI feels like a child's coloring book. If you're looking for a real user experience with great battery life, go with Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note II.
26. lolioslol (banned) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:22 0 1
You mean you weren't happy with a pretty novelty app launcher?
6. gallitoking posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:36 8 9
I was going to post earlier but I was charging my iphone.... This is a lie .. What happens is that we use our iphone a lot and battery tends to drain as Siri is working in the background... Be back gotta charge my iphone again.........
10. jan25 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:45 1 3
So Apple acknowledges the problem and you dont? You have taken fanboyism to a new level.
22. Berzerk000 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:16 2 0
Dude, it was sarcasm. Did you not catch the last sentence? Or the first sentence?
39. iushnt posted on 15 Feb 2013, 20:55 0 0
Or both sentence..
42. Nathan_ingx posted on 17 Feb 2013, 11:01 0 0
knowing galitoking, that was not a joke.
12. Nathan_ingx posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:49 1 0
No, keep your iPhone on charge...it'll drain away.
My friend's 4S are prone crashes every now and then after she update her 4S with 6.1.1.
14. roscuthiii posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:48 1 0
"Be back gotta charge my iphone again........."
I think... I think he was making a joke. Bravo sir, bravo.
21. Izoe posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:13 0 0
hey that's enough you...Learn to take it in the chin
27. lolioslol (banned) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:23 0 0
Please gallito, tell us more about how "bat-ter-ies" work? We are all just as if not more dumb than you, please explain in detail how using an electronic device drains its "bat-ter-y"?
11. Bernoulli posted on 15 Feb 2013, 09:47 4 0
Wow lol I wonder what will become of Apple if all their updates bring more problems to the table than the ones fixed, will people finally wake up, or is the s he ep that strong?
16. roscuthiii posted on 15 Feb 2013, 10:49 0 0
I'm gonna send Apple some Bondo so they can patch up some of those dings in the RDF.
17. gmracer1 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:15 0 1
hmmm.....to negatively comment, or to negatively comment. That, is the question :-)
18. jtate300 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 11:16 0 0
seems like this is always an issue when an update comes out, I dont get it because my iphone 5 will last me all day, quit playing games all freakin day and see what happens
23. Izoe posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:17 1 0
For one of the oldest operating systems currently running on a smart phone IOS seems to be surprisingly buggy lately. Would have thought the kinks would be straightened out by now
28. darkkjedii posted on 15 Feb 2013, 12:45 0 1
About the same on mine... Which is good, but not great. Still more than gets me thru my 9 hr work day with about 30-38% left after work.
31. wayee1 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 14:34 0 0
solo tienen un solo dos dispositivos para ios el 4s y 5.. y aun así no lo pueden hacer bien! que porquería..!
only two devices have only the 4s and iOS 5 .. and still can not do it right! that crap ..!
32. mclifford81 posted on 15 Feb 2013, 15:35 0 0
Not only does my phone not stay connected to Wifi I get about 4 hours of use and then it dies and I left my SGS3 for this!? It's listed on Ebay right now.
35. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:33 0 0
It just works
36. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2013, 19:35 0 0
Deliberate glitch? forcing iphone 4$ users to upgrade to iphone 5? hahaha....omg Apple is sooo evil lnao