Anonymous party seeks re-examination of two more Apple patents
Apple's decision to drop the two patents from its case against Samsung not only had to do with Judge Koh's request to cut the number of claims, but also was based on the feelings of the Cupertino based tech firm's legal team that these two patents would be too technical and thus hard to explain to a jury. Since they were removed from the list of claims 'without prejudice', Apple can bring them up again, if it so chooses, in a future case. But Apple has decided not to list them for the next Apple-Samsung patent trial scheduled to begin this coming March.
The anonymous request to re-examine the two patents could eventually culminate in the invalidation of both of them, although that will take time. To give you an idea about how long the whole process takes, consider the infamous rubber banding patent. In the middle of last year, the USPTO started the process of re-examination of that patent and Apple doesn't expect an answer on that piece of Intellectual Property until 2017.
1. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
None of these matters anymore, when Obama can magically make Apple the winner anyway.
7. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1160; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah, except a funny thing happens in Washington every day: Politicians keep waiting for Apple lobbying money and campaign contributions, yet they don't show up like they do for Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, and other tech companies. Apple doesn't spend much on any of that, and all you need to do is look at the quarterly reports. Google is the biggest tech spender in DC.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5876; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
That is also known as having a thumb on the scales of justice.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
after this and
1) after murdering US+EU soldiers by US gov by intentional lie about mass destruction weapons existence in Iraq
2) after NSA revealing + Windows back doors
you can not trust a word from US gov or US system in general....
and Obama is just a "not smart" puppet, has even less competence than UK prime minister
8. ZettaiRyouiki (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
Come on, the America is always right, bro. /s
According to politicians. According to movies. According to games.
Notice how Americans are always the savior, the Russians/Latinos/Mexicans/Chinese;Asians are always the bad guys in many Hollywood Movies.
Notice how you always play as a US force in any FPS games - and other countries are always the bad guys.
10. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
jeeze those patents are making me sick.
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1163; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
With President Obama behind them Apple can do anything they want. That's why Samsung just better pay up, because behind Apple, you have a Black Berry.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8713; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Weren't the two patents I wanted to be examines but I ties this'll do. And I have a feeling they will use them in the future against _____.
9. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Wonder if the anonymous request came from big brother trying to do a mild form of damage controlin a clandestine manor.