Android 4.x FTW: Jelly Bean finally the king of the Android ecosystem
2 December December Android platform numbers have KitKat at 1.1%, Jelly Bean at 54.5%
8 July Android 4.x FTW: Jelly Bean finally the king of the Android ecosystem
3 June Jelly Bean almost catches Gingerbread in newest Android platform numbers
1 May New Android platform numbers show a slight bump for Jelly Bean
5 March March Android platform numbers have Jelly Bean up and Gingerbread down
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
4.3 has very slight improvements.so as a customer i demand KLP.
6. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Shhh.... HTC owners might not like what you have said.
15. apathy88 (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
You do know that the people who have bought HTC phones get some pretty solid dev support. So whether or not HTC releases OS updates quickly or not is beside the point.
7. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
If htc and lg updated most of their flagship devices from two years ago, JB would be around 40+% I guess.
8. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Have fun when KLP is designed to work on low-end phones and you guys with superphones get nothing.
12. roldefol (Posts: 2874; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, backwards compatibility is such a waste. How else is Google going to force us all to buy new phones and keep its best buddy Samsung raking in profits?
13. ECPirate37 (Posts: 90; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
I believe he is talking about the rumor that Key Lime Pie will be a minimal operating system that will work on even the oldest of Android models. That way all Android models could run it.
Then, extra features would be downloadable apps. (i.e. all phones could run KLP, but only the phones capable of running Google Now would be able to download and run that app). As of right now 'tis just a rumor, but it seems plausible.
9. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
Take note HTC and Motorola,stop cancelling updates for your devices and give the users what they want
10. Adithya7184 (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Android FTW....come on Google, launch that damn KLP
14. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 208; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Jelly bean is riseing beacuse phone companys doesnt care about there costumers so they buy new phones that have new android softwares