Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 and OneTouch Idol 2S hands-on: mid-range warriors
Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 and OneTouch Idol 2S Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Alcatel OneTouch Idol 2 and OneTouch Idol 2S
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Alcatel phones are not bad, it just that their specs (I'm talking about their high end phones) aren't wow at all, and no guarantee updates, you will most likely be stuck at the old Android version for a long time. For example:
One Touch Hero: Android 4.2
One Touch Idol X+: Android 4.2
One Touch Idol X: Android 4.2
One Touch Idol Mini: Android 4.2
One Touch Idol Alpha: Android 4.2
No news on when these phones will be updated to Android 4.4.
Anyway, glad to know that these two new phones will be updated to Android 4.4. But that must be the last update then? :/
10. Haridenberg (Posts: 24; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
No MediaTek-powered device has any later version of Android than 4.2.2, as they don't provide the source code so manufacturers are stuck with an outdated version of Android.
11. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 146; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I wonder why anybody would knowingly and willfully buy a MT device. Like I feel the buyers are scammed.
8. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
I'm not sure why anyone would want to copy Samsung's design language but those phones look like the galaxy line up without the home button.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6621; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because it blatantly looks like a Galaxy S4 that's why.
3. apple4never (Posts: 756; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i think the Xperia SP is better than this aside from crap updates by sony
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Alcatel is crappier when it comes to updates.