Surface Mini concept render
8" Microsoft Surface Mini rumored to sport air gestures control, 1080p display
1. taikucing (unregistered)
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
With RT, yes. But if it had full Windows, it would be like ultracompact laptop, which would be nice.
16. jove39 (Posts: 1669; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
May be MS won't put real windows on their 8" tabs...hope to see more tabs like venue 8 pro next year.
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Junk because it has RT, which means it's not as good as it would be.
15. YuLeven (Posts: 50; Member since: 14 May 2013)
My Widows RT tablet feels great, thank you.
17. papss (unregistered)
Its not as good as it would be? Not making sense ogre...
19. bon24x7 (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
"The Surface Mini is said to arrive with Windows 8.1 (what else), and a Bay Trail chipset, which would ensure quite the longevity."
Read before you comment TROLL..!!
20. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If they can make full Windows tablet, why make restricted one? Apple doesn't make iPad with iOS lite and Google Nexus lite. And I meant if it had RT it would be junk.
24. elitewolverine (Posts: 4586; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yea they do, can the iPad do everything the osx mac can?
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If I'm going to get a tablet that's 8", I'd get the Mini 2.
5. xq10xa (Posts: 436; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Or a Nexus 7! The first one has been very reliable to me. I am interested to try the Nexus 7 2.
8. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
OR if 7" is too small Gpad GPE... But Nexus 7 and Mini 2 are kings of small tablets.
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Nexus 7 is more a big phone than a tablet, but that's a great big phone!
23. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I think those are all awsome choices, but I just havn't found any need for an 8 inch device. I use a Note 10.1 for school and I kind of wish it was 11-12 inches. I use my phone for all other computing stuff. What exactly are the common uses for a 7-8inch device? I think it is too small for video viewing, note taking, and any other productive work and I think it is too big to be considered trully mobile like a phone. Why have one other than the good ol' 'just for fun' excuse?
4. Lycan155 (Posts: 214; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
Dont like the concept of the kickstand on 8 inch portrait mode
7. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I think this is the Lumia 2020 renamed and with some hardware improvemnts. But i'd seriosly consider this... Come on! it can ran any windows 8 app!!! But MS will surely price it above $500 even for its basic version.
9. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This is better than the 8" Lumia because it's full Windows 8.1, not RT 8.1. RT isn't bad, but why not have the full OS?
12. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If looking for compact Windows tablet, Dell Venue 8 Pro is now the king.
14. Tuxedo (Posts: 327; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
I'm much more impressed with my Tegra 3 powered Surface RT than with the Tegra 3 powered Nexus 7 (2012) I used to have. IMO, WinRT is just lacking apps; other than that, I think it is superior to Android and iOS. I think it is extremely and unfairly underrated.
18. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1452; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Folks Bay trial is an x86 Intel CPU they only run Full Windows 8.1 WOW Microsoft is putting out a full window 8.1- 8 inch non Windows RT Tablet. The last Rumor we heard Microsoft's "Mini Surface" was to be a Windows RT tablet. they changed their mind. Looks Like Microsoft itself will have 2 Full Windows tablets and 2 Windows 8.1 RT tablets which are The MS "Surface 2" and The MS "Lumia 2520" Nokia designed tablet
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Hmm may replace this one from my 2011 nexus 7
22. KillgoreTrout (Posts: 53; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I agree that hand gestures should be part of the future, but come on, that stuff is so gimmicky right now. Who uses that crap? If I flick it off will it automatically turn air gestures off?