Samsung slapped with a fine for misleading Galaxy Y Duos ads
Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission noticed that Samsung has been running “misleading” advertising about its low-end Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Android phone. In its ads, Samsung promoted the dual-sim Galaxy Y as having auto-focus camera with flash while it has none, and instead features a fixed-focus barebones rear camera.
This nasty mistake would hardly be noticed in Samsung multi-billion stream of revenues and profits, but it still got slapped with a NT$300,000 (around $10,000) fine for misleading information.
source: Tech Crunch
Posts: 196; Member since: Jul 23, 2012
posted on Jan 15, 2013, 5:04 AM 0
Posts: 2828; Member since: Aug 11, 2012
posted on Jan 15, 2013, 5:16 AM 3
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):