Monday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- The merge of NEC, Casio and Hitachi gets delayed with a month. Finalizing the deal is expected to have a strong impact on the Asian market, where the three manufacturers are more influential. (source: IntoMobile)
- NTT DoCoMo plans to roll out a 12-megapixel camera phone with unique design. The keyboard of the F-04B will be detachable, but will remain fully operational even when removed from the handset thanks to Bluetooth connectivity. Users will be able to charge both parts of the device separately. (source: LetsGoDigital)
- The LG KF305 is a spectacular clamshell device. The handset comes with 2-megapixel camera, 2.2-inch screen and basic functionality. It is expected to hit the shelves with a retail price tag of about $216. (source: Mobile-Review)
- fring offers free video calling for Nokia handsets based on Symbian 9.3. In other words, owners of the E72 or E75 are able to take advantage of the cool extra function right away, although it will remain free of charge for a limited period of time only. (source: fring)
- The Samsung Xplorer B2100 (also known as the Solid Extreme) gets subjected to rigorous testing. The handset is not new, of course, although taking a look at a handset undergoing similar tests is always quite an amusing experience, so enjoy the short video below. (source: IntoMobile)