Apple Pay adds over 20 U.S. banks to its support list and debuts with Australia’s HSBC
Besides the Australian bank HSBC, Apple Pay's latest additions are mainly local banks and regional credit unions that serve less populated areas of the United States. The updated list on Apple’s web page now includes the following institutions:
• 1st Constitution Bank
• Alerus Financial N.A.
• Bank of Cashton
• Bank of New Mexico
• BankStar Financial
• Central National Bank & TrustCompany
• Chevron Federal Credit Union
• Citizens Community Bank
• Connexus Credit Union
• Department of CommerceFederal Credit Union
• First Bank Blue Earth
• First National Bank of Pana
• First US Community CreditUnion
• Legacy Bank
• Manasquan Bank
• Market USA Federal CreditUnion
• Midstates Bank N.A.
• Security State Bank ofHibbing
• Skyward Credit Union
• The Bank of Bennington
• Two River Community Bank
This new expansion of the Apple Pay coverage comes at a background of accelerated growth over the past year when it scored major launches in Japan, New Zealand, Russia, and Spain. In March 2017, the service also made its way to more countries in Europe, rolling out in Ireland, and Italy.