What (features) would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

This discussion is locked by moderator and no one is able to post
• 6mo agoedited

Nothing could make me buy s24.

It's going to be a overpriced midranger....no top grade SoC, no best cameras, presumably bad battery life...

S24 Ultra however is something that I could think of buying, but again to expensive.

At least here in Norway, as we all know that Samsung gives great trade in options in US,which is their most important market.

• 6mo ago
↵Issamh said:

Better Battery and less heat than S23 and S22.......

Ur device overheats ?

• 6mo ago

Flat screen on the Ultra. The s23 and s23 plus look good but the ultra still has a chin. More round feel like the regular and plus. The current ultra is too boxy in the corners and such. Just better for durability for the flat screen to put a normal screen protector on it, and cases can be a little bit thicker in the front since they don't have to account for a curved screen. Also, writing on a flat screen with a pen just makes much more sense vs a curved one. And no chin would just look so much better and symmetric. 200 megapixel seems nice, but when you actually take a full 200 megapixel picture it doesn't look that great. I much rather have like a good 48-50 megapixel camera that take good photos on full resolution. Also have at least a 48mp camera on each lens like the Pixel 8 Pro does. And bring purple back! I miss that color on Samsungs. And now with their move to matte finish that would look so much better with the purple, kind of like it did on the iPhone 14 Pro. And maybe faster charging like 65 watts or something? 45 is great but it's still is just good for like 30 mins, but a full charge still takes like an hour. Other people might disagree but I really don't care for a 1440p screen because it just takes more battery. The pixel density is so high on a 6.8 in screen, I wouldn't even tell the difference between that and a 1080p screen at the same size. I run my S23 Ultra at 1080p anyway. Heck, even if they do the same thing that the Pixel 8 Pro did and just do like a slightly under 1440p screen but still above 1080p would be fine. s**t Apple's 15 pro max screen is like 1290p and it looks great! (Other than the dynamic island, just the resolution lol).

• 6mo ago

2 things: photos that aren't over-saturated and Samsung not including duplicate apps in One UI (this drives me insane). Maybe add longer software support onto that :D

• 6mo agoedited

The moment Samsung stops copying Apple, they’d have my attention. So far they haven’t stopped,including Giggle, pardon Google. The only alternative to iOS was Windows phone and it’s out of the game now. So nothing would convince me to buy a Samsung:)

• 6mo ago

If we're talking the standard S24 and S24+ I would say bring back 1440p display and a premium build. The S21, S22 and S23 dropped in resolution and build quality. They look really cheap compared to the iPhone Pro models. Not sure why Samsung isn't making a $999 6.1in flagship anymore.

• 6mo ago

3 things that I care most on the smartphone: First of all agood camera, Secondly, battery longevity ( there are a new technologies out there for batteries where they could last whole week on daily average use, but, in my opinion, companies don't try to apply that, because who would buy a new phone every 2 years or so... All they care about profits, and us consumers just helping them with that...), and third screen quality not size increase, but performance without any lagging... And to sum up, we do have a pretty good cameras and screens on phones nowadays, but batteries still are crap.

. Oh, and also, if you read this ( Apple, Samsung, Google, One Plus and others), please, please return two things back on your All phones: removable batteries and expandable memory... I don't care about all that waterproof, dustproof and all other crap...

• 6mo ago

AI integration with the software

• 6mo ago

Titanium build, better battery life, symmetrical display and better photos quality with no oversaturated colors. Samsung should know people don't want oversaturated photos anymore.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 6mo ago
↵ArdmAnn said:

Titanium build, better battery life, symmetrical display and better photos quality with no oversaturated colors. Samsung should know people don't want oversaturated photos anymore.

Is titanium really that much of a pro, though? It will add to the cost, and there are aluminum and stainless steel grades that can do the trick for much less money

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless