What (features) would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

This discussion is locked by moderator and no one is able to post
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago

With all the major smartphone launches for 2023 out of the way, the next big announcement will come in January, and it will bring us the Samsung Galaxy S24 series. We don't know much about the upcoming flagship lineup, and so we'd like to know what features would make you pull the trigger on one of those elusive devices. Maybe a huge battery? A brand-new camera system with 1-inch sensors, ridiculous zoom levels, and hyper-realistic bokeh? A mega-bright 3,000-nit display with a fast refresh rate? Or some software gimmicks, such as an AI-infused assistant? What features would make you buy the new Galaxy S24 series?

Like
3
Victor Hristov
Victor Hristov
Phonearena team
• 9mo ago

Two things. One is better image quality especially during the day as right now there is severe oversharpening and colors are too saturated, and second is a fix for the slight jitter when using gestures in the UI (aka we need a smoother experience).


More niche features that would be nice to have are truly fast charging and some form of Face ID would also be nice.

Like
7
• 9mo ago

Titanium build, symmetrical display.

Like
5
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵MartyLK said:

Titanium build, symmetrical display.

By symmetrical display you mean no hole-punch for the selfie camera, right?

Like
1
• 9mo agoedited
↵MariyanSlavov said:

By symmetrical display you mean no hole-punch for the selfie camera, right?

Nah, the hole punch doesn't bother me. I'm referring to the bezels. Though the S22/S23 models have symmetrical displays, the S22U and S23U don't. There's a slight chin on them. And include a flat display in my OP. I don't like curved displays so if the S24U has titanium build with a symmetrical and flat display, I'll buy one...if the trade values are good. 😊

Like
4
• 9mo ago

Snapdragon processor.

But since I already have S23+, so I will skip S24 :)

Like
3
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵MartyLK said:

Nah, the hole punch doesn't bother me. I'm referring to the bezels. Though the S22/S23 models have symmetrical displays, the S22U and S23U don't. There's a slight chin on them. And include a flat display in my OP. I don't like curved displays so if the S24U has titanium build with a symmetrical and flat display, I'll buy one...if the trade values are good. 😊

I get it now, I'm totally with you on the flat display! I think the days of curved displays are numbered.

Like
2
• 9mo ago

I currently have an S23 Ultra and it would take major technology emergence to get me to give it up. You are NOT going to get a significantly bigger LION battery in an Sxx Ultra unless it is as big a a tablet so a new battery technology that packs significantly more power per sq mm would get my notice. Also an SOC with at least a 25% improvement in power efficiency would peak my interest. Things like cameras and build materials (i.e. titainium vs high grade aluminum) are silly reasons to spend $1000 plus over what already is one of the best phone series ever made. People get caught up with such nit picky things that I think just should not be the main focal purposes of a great phone. Virtually with out exception, all mid to high-end phones have cameras better than most main stream SLR cameras in the recent past. There is no such thing as perfect and spending large sums of money for small incremental changes is illogical to me. But that's me. If things like titainium or a 5% increase in battery life and/or a percived (beauty isin the eye of the beholder) slight improvement in a photograph gets you excited, then hey go for it.

Like
3
• 9mo ago

The only way I will purchase a new Galaxy, or any phone for that matter, is if they include a simple program boolean filter for call blocking. With the horrendous quantity of robocalls the carriers refuse to block these phones generally have to be turned off and are virtually worthless, which is the only price I would pay for a phone without advanced call blocking. Its bad enough they do not include it but worse that some manufacturers like Apple go out of their way to prevent call block app builders apps from working. If Samsung included it my iP12 would be in the trash tonight.

Like
1
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵iPhoneRobocallReceiver said:

The only way I will purchase a new Galaxy, or any phone for that matter, is if they include a simple program boolean filter for call blocking. With the horrendous quantity of robocalls the carriers refuse to block these phones generally have to be turned off and are virtually worthless, which is the only price I would pay for a phone without advanced call blocking. Its bad enough they do not include it but worse that some manufacturers like Apple go out of their way to prevent call block app builders apps from working. If Samsung included it my iP12 would be in the trash tonight.

This is the first time I hear about this problem. Care to elaborate? I have manually blocked a few numbers throughout the years but I sense it's a different thing you're talking about...

Like
1
FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless