What (features) would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

This discussion is locked by moderator and no one is able to post
• 6mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

This is the first time I hear about this problem. Care to elaborate? I have manually blocked a few numbers throughout the years but I sense it's a different thing you're talking about...

Certainly. Since you have manually blocked numbers you are aware of the hundreds of millions of robodialer calls falsifying their caller ID every year. You also know that you blocked the callers after they had disturbed you. So the blocking system you used did not prevent your inconvenience nor more cals from the same scam artist again, using different phony caller IDs. Most VOIP services permit boolean call blocking where you can block area codes, and/or exchanges. Like block all calls from area code 213 because I get many from there and expect no legitimate call from anyone in that area code. In one quick line I can block tens of thousands of numbers all in area code 213 on my home Ooma account. Or if the calls come from one particular exchange I can block thousands of numbers in 213-545-* . Some robocallers like to use a pattern of numbers like ending in -5678. Boolean lets you block numbers from anywhere that have that sequence. As well as number that end in ## or ### or ####. They also let you block strings of alphabetical caller IDs like many are city, state now. So you can enter "CA" to block all calls from California. It's a simple program offered free by VOIP services. Yet cell carriers don't block scam calls nor do the phone manufacturers. Many app writers on iPhones try to put such an app up for sale or free but Apple limits the total quantity of numbers that can be mass blocked to a few tens of thousands, barely good enough for one area code. So these benevolent blocking apps wither and die. Apple prefers their customers to be annoyed by answering a scam robocall then blocking that one fraudulent number manually. Hardly saving you time or annoyance or victimization from scam artists worldwide.

• 6mo ago

Go back to full-screen display! My last phone that had an honest display was the Note 9. When it died, I got a Pixel 6 Pro, which was the biggest mistake I ever made in a phone purchase. I now carry a Galaxy A53 (because it was all I could afford at the time, and yes, I was that anxious to get rid of the Pixel).

I really miss having an honest full-screen display that doesn't cut into, say, YouTube.

I'm already assuming the phone will have upgraded display (brightness, FPS, etc.), memory, speed, cameras and whatever, so I'm not concerned about those. I'm also pleased that Samsung still makes a flagship phone that doesn't have moving parts (like the Z-series), so it's still high on my watch-list.

I would really like to upgrade from my A53, but I really want to see an honest full-size screen.

• 6mo ago

As a long time Note User and now a S23 Ultra user I just want the stability, reliability and the bugless experience of the S23U to carry on to the S24U. We were spoiled this year with A13+8Gen2+OneUI, not asking for crazy fast charge (45W is more than enough for me) just for a BUG FREE experience, we all know that Samsung will spec out the S24U now lets see if it will carry on what in my opinion has been the best "Note" I have ever owned.

• 6mo ago

Huge 1-inch sensors for standard, macro, and zoom cams. Rugged design capable of withstanding bumps and drops, including at least IP68 rating. 24-battery capacity. 5-inch QHD+ display behind the latest gorilla glass. The requirements for big battery and small display means this will be a т н і с с phone (1.5cm+). But really I'm imagining it more as a camera that can make calls rather than a phone that can take pictures. Under the hood should be the latest silicon that can make the whole experience really smooth.

A fat enough camera/phone may be able to accommodate a traditional telescoping lens for zoom, reducing the number of cameras/lenses on the device. Grippy textured rubbery back panel, maybe a lanyard loop? Dedicated camera button mounted on the side? 1 mm lip extending above and all-around the screen so you'd never need a case? Truly hope such an adventure-dedicated device gets made some day. I'd be willing to shell out some serious cash for this.

• 6mo ago

As long as I can spend one-tenth of the money on something that essentially will be doing the same thing that the Galaxy S24 would be doing for me, and doing that just fine for my purposes... nope, nothing can MAKE me buy the S24.

• 6mo ago

Ill buy it only when they shift to google bare android build - no skin, no samsung apps, updates in line with pixel phones.

• 6mo ago

Rooted devices freedom!

10+ Years of OS Upgrades Even if it would require users to pay for the OS Upgrades after the Free 7 Years that Google started offering since Pixel 8!!!

960fps at 1080p slow/Mo Video recording without skipping any frame!

Right to repair!

Micro SD support!

S pen with flat screen!

• 6mo ago

A bigger battery. I don't care if the phone is a few mm thicker. Nobody will notice the size but they will notice the difference in screen time.

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 6mo ago
↵iPhoneRobocallReceiver said:

Certainly. Since you have manually blocked numbers you are aware of the hundreds of millions of robodialer calls falsifying their caller ID every year. You also know that you blocked the callers after they had disturbed you. So the blocking system you used did not prevent your inconvenience nor more cals from the same scam artist again, using different phony caller IDs. Most VOIP services permit boolean call blocking where you can block area codes, and/or exchanges. Like block all calls from area code 213 because I get many from there and expect no legitimate call from anyone in that area code. In one quick line I can block tens of thousands of numbers all in area code 213 on my home Ooma account. Or if the calls come from one particular exchange I can block thousands of numbers in 213-545-* . Some robocallers like to use a pattern of numbers like ending in -5678. Boolean lets you block numbers from anywhere that have that sequence. As well as number that end in ## or ### or ####. They also let you block strings of alphabetical caller IDs like many are city, state now. So you can enter "CA" to block all calls from California. It's a simple program offered free by VOIP services. Yet cell carriers don't block scam calls nor do the phone manufacturers. Many app writers on iPhones try to put such an app up for sale or free but Apple limits the total quantity of numbers that can be mass blocked to a few tens of thousands, barely good enough for one area code. So these benevolent blocking apps wither and die. Apple prefers their customers to be annoyed by answering a scam robocall then blocking that one fraudulent number manually. Hardly saving you time or annoyance or victimization from scam artists worldwide.

Whoa, seems like a serious issue. We had robocalls from shady counties here but they’ve been not nearly that many to require boolean filtering… One would expect Google to have such thing baked into its Pixel phones.

I’m almost sure there’s automated spam call blocking since Pixel 3. But it’s just an algorithm and I don’t think you have any control over it…

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 6mo ago
↵44alexsmith said:

1) A fast shooter(like in the Pro iPhone or better) across the entire S24 series

2) Light weight like the Sony Xperia 1 V

3) Ergonomically friendly like the Sony Xperia 1 V or iPhone 15

4) Stellar selfie camera across the entire series

5) Would be nice if the S24+ adopted the form factor that the Xperia 1 IV has

6) The Call Screening functionality found in Google Pixel phones

7) 7 years of Android OS Upgrades and Monthly Security Updates

I can see one person excited about the Xperia 1 VI right there:))

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless