What (features) would make you buy the Galaxy S24?

This discussion is locked by moderator and no one is able to post
• 7mo ago

I'm not going to nit-pick the specs, for the bulk of the people using these things, they are more than enough, me included, as far as cameras, processing power etc etc. For me, phones for the most part have become boring. Gone are the days when there was real change year to year.

In all honesty, there really is not that much to get excited about.

Bring back a moto-maker like experience where you have some input in the way your new phone is built .......something to bring back some Pizaz. Even some vibrant colors to the phones to use with a clear case instead of the muted washed out color options of today...................

• 7mo ago

1) A fast shooter(like in the Pro iPhone or better) across the entire S24 series

2) Light weight like the Sony Xperia 1 V

3) Ergonomically friendly like the Sony Xperia 1 V or iPhone 15

4) Stellar selfie camera across the entire series

5) Would be nice if the S24+ adopted the form factor that the Xperia 1 IV has

6) The Call Screening functionality found in Google Pixel phones

7) 7 years of Android OS Upgrades and Monthly Security Updates

• 7mo ago

1) Fast responsive face unlock

2) A fast responsive fingerprint scanner

• 7mo ago
↵44alexsmith said:

1) Fast responsive face unlock

2) A fast responsive fingerprint scanner

Yes, I agree, If I wanted anything on the newer phones would be a fingerprint scanner that the S9 or Pixel 4a's had. On the back of the phone( or even the side like s10e) so much better and faster than the cumbersome in screen ones.

• 7mo ago

None. I just bought a Flagship (15 pro max), and not buying another for at least a year.

• 7mo ago

No more single screen. Time for Folds (& even tri-folds) for BOTH phones & tablets.

Of course, Samsung will need to come up with a working, lasting Fold screen, but that's besides the point.

I don't like the smaller sizes used for Folds- I would like each screen ~7". Even better 7-8" (whatever max size that would still allow safely fitting in dress pants pocket)...ergo a pocket expandable tablet. Phablet though- full call\text\nfc. And can take a step further @ three panels folded. Removable dual batteries + a separate multi-battery charger like the old LG Stylo.

No need to have two devices, or tote obligatory briefcase \ backpack.

Iskren Gaidarov
Iskren Gaidarov
Phonearena team
• 7mo ago

iOS 🤣

• 7mo ago

I'm looking for the vanilla S24 to have the following features:

1. Larger main camera sensor.

2. Improved battery life. At least catch up with iphone 15/15 Pro.

3. Satellite connectivity at least matching the latest iphones.

4. 12GB RAM and 256GB storage in base version.

• 7mo agoedited

i am looking for a phone with an inbuilt projector feature, don't care which company it is.

• 7mo ago
↵VictorHristov said:

Two things. One is better image quality especially during the day as right now there is severe oversharpening and colors are too saturated, and second is a fix for the slight jitter when using gestures in the UI (aka we need a smoother experience).

More niche features that would be nice to have are truly fast charging and some form of Face ID would also be nice.

Man I agree, I love my S23U for many reasons but after having the Mix Fold 3 for a while, it destroys the Galaxy in several areas:

1. Smoother UI with perfect gestures and animations - S23U as you mentioned has slight jitters while using navigation gestures

2. Extremely fast and responsive Face Unlock that still can't be fooled with photos or videos - The S23U is pretty slow and hit or miss.

3. Fast responsive fingerprint sensor, mainly because it's capacitive so on par with Z Fold 5 - The S23U ultrasonic one is still pretty slow and hit or miss.

4. Faster cable charging in barely 40 minutes and faster 50W WIRELESS charging in a little over an hour - The S23U takes over 70 minutes wired and like 4 hours or more wireless, so it's moslty usable for overnight in a night stand or something.

5. INSANE battery life, almost 9 hours screen on time with my usage which involves many other things than just screen - S23U with the same usage lasts around 6.5 hours SOT, battery life could be at least 30% better, they need to invest more in optimization and better battery tech.

Still the S23U is king with anything over 10x zoom and if they improve it even more that would be just increasing the gap, if the rumors of the S24U getting 5x optical zoom are true, I hope it's not a downgrade and it only improves in image stability, low light environments, etc.

Another things I would add to the list to improve the Note Line:

*As MartyLK said, symmetrical bezels, same exact width for all four sides (no chin).

*Under Display Selfie Camera (although this may be harder to combine with point #2 of faster face unlock so I'll be happy if they do one or the other, fast, reliable FaceUnlock OR No punch hole thanks to UDC)

*An extra couple of buttons for the S-Pen and maybe a tiny gyroscope (i remember reading there are some as small as a grain of rice) to add more functionality to the spen as Bluetooth remote and maybe as air mouse.

I know not a single thing from my list will be on the S24U, with the exception of maybe the symmetrical bezels but I can only hope for some of these to be implemented in the S25U and beyond.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless