Windows Phone 8 coming "this fall"
2. Mozarrt (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
The further away this launch is the better, let Windows Phone 7.XX still be the main focus of attention for app launches.
With the launch of Windows Phone 8 I won't expect people to still develop apps for WP7.XX, which is such a shame.
4. Penny (Posts: 1096; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Mozarrt, do you know for sure if WP8 apps won't be backwards compatible? Because we do know that WP7.5 apps will be compatible with WP8. Seems like they won't be, but I don't know for sure...
7. Mozarrt (Posts: 294; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I read developers can make the apps backwards compatible, but we all know they are lazy and won't do it.
8. RangersK (Posts: 59; Member since: 15 May 2012)
10. Penny (Posts: 1096; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Hi RangersK, thanks for that link. I found the same article on that site earlier, just forgot to update my comment here.
3. Carlitos (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Great news for WP and the consumer! This is an exciting month, cant wait to see what Google I/O will bring.
Wonder how sales will do, that is just around the upcoming iphone, Note 2, and New nexus or (Nexi) that are coming.
5. RoyMyLife (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Dec 2010)
Its really cool, and i love some of the new features. Its just really disheartening that current devices wolnt get the upgrade. Then people like me who can upgrade in july or august, have to wait even longer to do so. Oh well, looks like no lumia 900 for me next month : /
6. nokia_fan_172 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
i would say september since nokia world is due to kick off then.
9. RoyalTroll (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Cant wait for ios 6 to kick its butt