Why is it a surprise that Steve Wozniak loves Android?
1. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
Its not a surprise because he ain't no fanboy.
16. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Good and honest man. He is second founder of Apple, loves it very much, but that doesn't mean that he can't use and love other products. (He uses Xiaomi Mi3 if I'm right). Apple should hire Woz' back, though switching to Android ain't that great idea, I'm pretty sure that Wozzy has many many other awesome ideas.
19. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
not switching - simply adding another phone to their lineup - if they did this, they could easily sell 10 million more devices...
17. Dingy_cellar_dweller (Posts: 185; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I like him because he did a cameo on 'The Big Bang Theory'.
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 1978; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
He is a true genius which jobs type of people needs to cash on... no Wozzies no jobssss... anyway two steves made a giant company... I feel said sometime that how apple is putting hold on technology with its patent trolls although the founder of this company was such a techy...
46. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
No Jobs without Woz, but probably no Woz without Jobs. Every techie needs a business guy, just like every business guy needs a techie.
2. PAPINYC (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
"Why is it a surprise that Steve Wozniak loves Android?" .....
because everyone equated him with stupidity given his relationship with the other Apple founder and, therefore, thought [he] was stupid too.
But, he is a true 'Genius'!
33. Finalflash (Posts: 1736; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No, because fanboys can't possibly have a co-founder of Apple love anything but iOS. In their fanboy minds, everyone else is also supposed to be a fanboy. Therefore, if you don't like Apple you are fanboy of something else like Android, and so if Woz says he likes Android, then hes a fanboy for it. But then it starts hurting their fanboy brains because that is like a paradox to them.
44. bucky (Posts: 1399; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Funny coming from someone who routinely trolls and shows heavy bias against apple...preach on. Noob.
4. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Like every true tech lover, it's difficult not to love the most advanced mobile platform out there.
5. E.S.1 (Posts: 289; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Surprise, Why? He is a smart guy and knows what's best :)
6. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I know that most of us have yet to receive the kit kat update, but I'm already curious as to what the next version of android starting with L is going to be (:
10. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5400; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It could be Lollipop or some kind of Indian food.
15. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
It won't be an Indian food. Its all those stupid Indian request google to use that Indian yogurt called lassi because they think India is very big and google should listen to them. Truth is google doesn't give 2 f**ks .
18. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5400; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Chill bro, you can't really say Google doesn't give a f**k, cuz the head of Android is an Indian. But if the next Android version is called Lassi, it sounds awful. Lollipop or Latté sounds more better than Lassi.
21. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
O Latte sounds nice though not really a dessert/sweet.. I'm kind of hoping for something lemon because dang I love that citrus flavor lol.
53. ePoch270 (Posts: 92; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Lifesavers? Makes sense with their corporate candy tie in.
35. Odiin (Posts: 225; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Why so much hatred towards Indians? If you dont know Indian culture and society then dont talk. Give respect and take respect.
But ive doubt about your education and culture,
23. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
They'll probably give it a brand name of a sweet rather than a kind of dessert like they did with Kit-Kat. "Lotte" chocolates is a possibility but not sure if its well known enough. Android 4.5 Lotte? I don't know.
24. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Everyone knows kitkat.
Everyone knows latte
Everyone knows jellybean
Everyone knows ice cream sandwich
Everyone knows Lollipop
But not everyone knows what is Lassi
27. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
The only Lassi I know is a dog from a TV show. lol
28. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Lassi is an Indian yogurt drink .
See ? That's why google shouldn't use Indian food for the next android name
29. JC557 (Posts: 1059; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Many possibilities for L like Licorice, Lemon Meringue along with lollipop.
43. nokia12 (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
they won't go for Neither Lassi nor Ladoo.. Ladoo is much more famous Sweet than Lassi..
Lollipop is the best choice .. everybody knows about it..
47. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
IIT grads plead Google to name Android version Lassi
Which begs the question , why should google name the next android Lassi ? Who the heck are they to demand google to call android Lassi ? Is India a economic juggernaut of the world ?
I tried Indian sweets , they are like really really too sweet , not really my thing. I know several of my Malaysian Indian friends that doesn't like Indian sweets too
48. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Btw I tried ladoo , an Indian friend asked me to try it but I have forgotten the name .
7. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I've argued some of the same points with some of my tech friends. Next time I'll save them the frustration and send them a link to this article.
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5400; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Woz ain't a fanboy and he's a smart guy, he knows which is the best mobile platform out there.
30. JC557 (Posts: 1059; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Woz is also a tinkerer like he was back in the early days of garage made computers. He really is a tech geek.
And then the power went out. Everything stopped working. We weren't prepared. Fear and confusion led to panic.... =P
13. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 756; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Could have been written a bit better... but I will not get too complacent. I should like to point out that most people are only scratching the surface of who Mr. Steve Wozniak actually is. I am not discrediting anything written, however the article has oversimplified a great man, and a great mind.
Considering I am not reading a thorough biography (which I recommend people, including the author, to read), we can relate to the man as simply as his daily interactions. He is a tech connoisseur; he loves to pick and play all makes, models, OS... TO PUT IN BRIEF: HE IS NO FANBOY. So an article shouldn't be written with the implications of "in case you thought he was a fanboy... guess what, he isn't"
He's quite a speaker and lecturer. And a CAL GOLDEN BEAR!!!
14. XperiaOptimusOne (unregistered)
+1 I've seen numerous talks by him in YouTube and his enthusiasm with what he does is inspiring.
49. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 756; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
I've seen him a couple times on/around campus. Quirky guy, and his recorded talks are quite focused yet enjoyable. He was speaker for the graduating class of 2013 I believe!
20. PBXtech (Posts: 977; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
What is sad is how many iFans have turned on Woz simply because he speaks his mind.
22. power_x (Posts: 222; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Such a traitor , if Jobs was still alive
Don't get me wrong , android is among the best , but stating that the enemy is better than the friend (especially if he is dead) isn't a good thing .
40. tedkord (Posts: 4734; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't recall him ever saying Android was better, just pointing out specific areas where it is. He's always said he loves his iPhone, too.
57. Simba7 (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
It was Steve Jobs that waged a war against Android, not Wozniak. That kinda tells you the values between the two and what they stand for.
Just because you founded a company, doesn't mean you have to bow and worship it 24/7.
32. strikercho (banned) (Posts: 156; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
It is no surprise, that he likes Handroid - It is nothing else, but poorly copied iOS from day one. :)
41. tedkord (Posts: 4734; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Keep tel yourself that until maybe you believe it. Meanwhile, keep covering your eyes so you can't see that every new feature of iOS 7 was copied from somewhere else.
51. Sniggly (Posts: 6998; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Look, we all know that you only ever comment when you want to attack Android and Google; sadly for you, nearly the entirety of your pathetically low post count is along those lines.
But could you maybe at some point give it a rest?
34. chocowii (Posts: 327; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Does he like the Android as an OS or the hardware where Android lives?
36. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 358; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Didn't really surprise me, you'd have to be a complete moron to deny Android is good, you'd also have to be a fool to deny that iOS is good. It boils down to preference, like Woz, I prefer power over my device, some people don't have time for that.
37. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1287; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Great article, but one thing on " just like most Google employees use Mac computers".
It's because Google doesn't want their employees using Windows PC.
38. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its not a surprise... yall act like this guy invented the iPhone or something... he has his freedom to like whatever he likes. nothing wrong with that.
39. tedkord (Posts: 4734; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Michael, I don't believe Woz ever stated he preferred Android. I think he has stated that there are some areas where Android is better than iOS.
45. linaresx (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Just like Michael, he waited for mother to die before shooting Fredo.
54. ePoch270 (Posts: 92; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
+1. Was iOS banging cocktail waitresses 2 at a time?
58. gotenks22 (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
This isn't a surprise everybody loves android unless they're mindless zombies :D