We are looking for a new Author!
PhoneArena is looking for a new Author. If you are passionate and extremely knowledgeable about mobile technologies, then our message is dedicated to you!
- Searching for and writing of short News stories;
- Prepare articles/editorals;
- Visit media events, representing Phone Arena.
Our requirements for the candidates are:
- Passion about cell phones and in-depth knowledge about mobile communications;
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking);
- Ability to systemize information and convey it in an interesting way. Previous experience in writing for publication is a plus;
- Ideally, to be available during regular business hours; part time is also an option.
- Two samples of personally written news articles based on the following sources: source 1 | source 2. The news should be written in the Phone Arena style.
- Short Bio showing your past experience with mobile technologies;
- Description of your experience with different phone Operating Systems – how long have you used them and on which phones;
- Your location and a time frame showing your free hours during each week day.
Please send the e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the large amount of applications we receive, we will not be able to reply to everybody. Thank you!
1. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:34 3
I'd make a perfect candidate : D :D :D
Tons of bada articles comin on phonearena !!!
4. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:47 1
More bada articles make the world a happier place !
27. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:06 2
uhh.. no.. no it wouldnt.. lol.
peter, just make a bada fan site and go for it! lol
11. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:35 0
yes you should be hired but this site Censors peoples post. No more freedom on the internet.
5. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:47 8
Let's hope Taco or miz does not get this posistion.
6. protozeloz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 08:59 1
they already work here their position is web traffic promoter
9. protozeloz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:22 1
not really I'm just joking about their replies causing traffic to the site, and their comments being rather dumb sometimes at least for mitz i don't think he has much of a clue of what he talks about
43. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:34 1
phewee, that's a lot of bs coming this way.
56. protozeloz posted on 01 Sep 2011, 08:03 0
did it hurt your feelings? should I give you a towel?
10. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:23 1
No way man.. they are hired by Apple. iSheep get promoted there to Senior Vice Presidents of iDiocy.
14. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:42 3
maybe they are hired by apple as a PR team.
17. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:01 3
You mean "Professional Retards"? Quite possible indeed..
28. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:07 0
snicker snicker.. lol
45. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:36 1
like your mother, right?
44. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:35 1
Maybe you should download a grammar app, you know work on that horrible comprehension of yours.
46. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:37 1
Wow, can't even spell correctly and trying to flame me lol.
If I was hired, my articles would be 100x better than the tripe you all spew each day in the comments.
8. Synack posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:21 3
If Miz gets any job period on the planet then the world as we know it will come to an end.
15. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:46 2
Well Miz is already the iSheep army general. He sells one pound of ignorance for 69.99$.
16. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:46 1
Oh and Taco is the main Chief of Staff. Brain cells dead on birth and all.
52. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:46 0
aww, i think she has a crush on me since all of her comments have been about me in this article.
59. ilia1986 posted on 01 Sep 2011, 09:03 0
Considering I am male - I'm afraid that makes you stupid twice as much as usual. If that's even possible to imagine.
51. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:45 1
World must be at an end because I have a job, I beat people up on tv for a living
12. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 09:36 2
How much you paying? I need $1000 every 2 weeks. I will do it.
18. Lwazi_N posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:21 5
I think Sniggly would make a great candidate. I hope the reasons why he's not posted any comments here, is because he has applied.
47. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:40 1
Oh god no. Besides, I don't think PA pays in bananas.
20. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:24 2
Absolutely man. I really think that you would make for a great editor. You definitely have the patience and the oratory skills. : )
If there will be a poll - I'll vote for ya!
29. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:08 5
I'd vote for ya sniggly. if i ever get the free time I'd apply too. We need more in depth articles not just fluff pieces!
48. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:42 2
Lol, don't kid yourself, Sniggles. Unlike the sheep below, they aren't going to give you the truth. I am. Don't even bother because you being an author lol? You throw your little tantrums whenever me or Taco says something you don't like, and you expect to be an author? Your comments are enough to show that you don't even qualify. Besides, I'm pretty sure PA wants someone who's older than 10.
23. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:36 1
Is he? Then hell no. We need someone who can minimize bias.
24. Sniggly posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:41 3
Who me? I like Android a lot, but I can write objectively. There's an old television saying that I'm going to quote here: "Just the facts, sir, just the facts."
25. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:55 0
I can attest to that. Hard as it may be - Sniggly accomplishes the task.
30. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:09 3
and he tried to accomplish the impossible... making nicey nice with taco..
of course that lasted for like a day, but hey he went above and beyond to get that day! lol
31. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:15 1
Indeed.. to speak in a non abusing way with taco is harder than to build a space shuttle using only sand and a shovel.
26. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 31 Aug 2011, 10:59 0
ok, ok. Im cool with that. ;)
49. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:43 1
You like Android, but Apple is still reigning in power.
60. remixfa posted on 01 Sep 2011, 09:44 0
how do you keep saying that when apple keeps losing share to android every quarter.. lol you need to take off those rotten fruit flavored glasses and see the real world. lol
32. pyckvi posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:41 0
sniggley u r a good candidate but remixfa u always have something good to say. if u do end up getting some free time you should apply to.
33. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 11:51 2
if the tmobile merger goes through Ill have lots of free time.. lol
34. PeterIfromsweden posted on 31 Aug 2011, 12:24 0
The next editor needs to have no bias, ecpecially no bias against bada !!!
39. remixfa posted on 31 Aug 2011, 14:04 1
what peter means is
"the next editor should push Bada and only Bada and convince people of evil conspiracys on why the other OS's are doomed to fail against Bada"
40. ilia1986 posted on 31 Aug 2011, 14:14 0
lol peter - we are all still waiting for that bada-boom ; - )
50. The_Miz posted on 31 Aug 2011, 19:44 1
Lol, I love how everyone's throwing my name around even though I have far better things to do.
See, me applying would mean PA would have the greatest writer they could ever have. I state nothing but the facts and my opinion unlike people here who're so onesided on the Android nuthugging that they tend to be blind to the truth here.